help with feeding please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waikare

Reaction score
Hi guys i just gt my yearling abt 10 days ago i went to feed him a mouse and he coiled around the it and bit down in its head then he just let it go does any1 knw y

Hi guys i just gt my yearling abt 10 days ago i went to feed him a mouse and he coiled around the it and bit down in its head then he just let it go does any1 knw y

Sometimes they just do things like that , try again a bit later.

not sure what kind of snake you have but when i first got my jungle he did the same thing. i found that if it feels at all threatened it wont eat....

what i did was pick to the mouse up that it just coiled.... then hold it for him again and get him to strike and coil and then put a tea towel or something over its feeding enclosure... (or its normal enclosure if you are feeding it in there) and just leave it alone for like 30 mins.... then just give it a quick check to see if its been eaten..... if not then take the mouse out and throw it away then try again the next day.....

my jungle will also sometimes strike and coil and then let go with its mouth and try to fine the mouse's head.... your snake may just be doing that if it is still coiled.....

hope that made a bit of sense

cheers guys could it b tht the mouse is to big as i was told to feed my yearling jungle adult mice

It all depends on the size of the Jungle....

The male jungle we've had since it was 6 weeks old was eating adult mice as a yearling, but the female yearling we bought about 2 months ago is not a thick. She'll do what your jungle does...

But as has been said, if you've only had the new jungle for 10days, it could be unsettled in the new enclosure still.

Try the towel idea and see how you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back