Help with getting Beardy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beesagtig

Reaction score
Hey,

Any suggestions on how to persuade the parents to let me get a beardy?

All help greatly appreciate

Olly

how old are you?
if your over 16 just get a license and get one yourself.
thats what i did with my python
they finally came around
if your under 16. just forge the old mans signature,

Lol @ bitey

I've got a license and everything its just he thinks they're gonna take up too much space or some other ungrounded reason seeing as we have LOTS of spare room! @ motman440

I convinced my parents to let me get one...

Basically I said "Can I get one?" They said "No!" Then I said "Too late it's already in my bedroom"

Lol not really :D

My mum didn't want me to get one, but now she loves him and thinks he is cute :shock:

Yea, they did the same with my frogs.

Sooo annoying they can't reason!

one thing i found out once i got my beardie is he eats alot of the scrap vegies and unlike a dog or cat he is kept in his tank.
try the whole learn alot about them then surprise your parents by what u have learnt or do like what i did to get a bird "i am doing a science project"

good idea, wonder if they would fall for science project...?

no hair to clean up!! no doggie smell, it's in tank instead of under your feet and no toliet training!

We are getting a dog soon and they seem to think that I'm going to spending every waking minute with him/her.

Grrrr... and they won't listen to the easy to look after just a couple of crickets a day and your done thing (I know theres a more to it than that but they don't)

say that it will be the only one thats what i did and 6 months later i had 2 centrals 2 pygmy and 2 blueys

Tell them that if your busy with herps than you wont be on the computer playing warcraft or some other boring crap like that. Or take them to the zoo and in front of your mum ask the reptile curator about why keeping herps are good. They are very convincing. Good luck.

Better than idea of a snake....(yes i love them), show them some hatchie pics of a perentie.....they'll see its so small...probably even like the idea .....then you casually mention they only get 2.5 mtrs long plus!!!
Then you are in like flyn....wait a few days show them a full grown Vitticeps...make sure its not the giant kind!

Too easy............ive recently tried this on my other half....IT WORKS!!!!

start refering to yourself in the third person ALL the time and then when they ask what the hell you are doing say "insert name here will not stop until he/she is in possesion of a bearded dragon!!!"

can u borrow one off someone so she can see how cute and cuddly they are?

mums so in love with mine,..!!

start refering to yourself in the third person ALL the time and then when they ask what the hell you are doing say "insert name here will not stop until he/she is in possesion of a bearded dragon!!!"

LOL that's a good one!

I just ask n ask n ask nask until my hubby gives in then I get what I want :D Or emotional blackmail always works a treat too :D or reverse pysch :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back