Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And Vincent, I just read how you quoted me, and you cut off my sentance! Read my post again, and you will see that I was not judging at all, given I said "They could have more experience than anyone, but who knows?". And that is the point - who knows!

Aarrr! Why do I keep going!?

I have it on good authority that Mulgaboy is actually more experienced than any of those four people you mentioned.
I'm not having a go at all at those people mentioned, just stating the facts. Thats what's ridiculous about these internet forums, people judge others simply by the number of post's they have done. What a laugh.

Damn straight.

Drontal is the easiest and safest method. You people crack the sh..its at hoser for cutting out venom glands but recommend hacking into a snake to remove a worm?
If you ask someone who replied to this thread nicely you may be able to buy a dosage calculator for a very reasonable price. Will save you from being backyard butchers..

once again....post counts are not an indication of experience. Funnily enough i didn't have to even handle a snake to type this post =)

OMG! I hardly call making an incision under 1 scale being a 'backyard butcher'. No-one has suggested to 'hack' into the snake, and this is certainly not comparable to Hosers Venomoid techniques!!! 4 reputable experts have suggested this is the best method?! Get a grip!

once again....post counts are not an indication of experience. Funnily enough i didn't have to even handle a snake to type this post =)

This is fu**** rediculous!!! No one, anywhere in this thread has said anything about post counts being an indication of anyones experience!!!

So damn frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha!

The reference to post counts was purely that he/she is unknown, not as an indication of his/her experience! God damn - read my whole post! I might as well just go bang my head on a brick wall!

once again post counts mean nothing....just because you don't know them, doesn't mean other well respected and known members don't know them and respect them =) is it sinking in yet??

Once again, you're missing the point :rolleyes:

*Banging my head on brick wall..............

Jozz, maybe you should call a herp vet. They will be able to give you a definitive answer. ;-)

Case Closed

Hmmm yes take it to the vet so then they can be removed in a sterile environment by a proffesional........common sence really.

Hmmm yes take it to the vet so then they can be removed in a sterile environment by a proffesional........common sence really.

Thanks Isis, It's the first thing I would have done after I had identified the parasite. That's why they underwent years of training and are paid the big bucks.

:lol:

so what vets will handle elapids, i can tell you that none i know will.

Thanks Isis, It's the first thing I would have done after I had identified the parasite. That's why they underwent years of training and are paid the big bucks.

:lol:

big bucks...........???????????? when did that happen, was i asleep when that pay rise came in. :lol:

Yeah good luck taking to any vet in SA, the one up where we live didn't even know how to care for a little shingleback baby that came in.

They handed it to me to look after.

I would hate to see them if I took an elapid in!!!

honestly though i think if i got a call from a guy wanting us to do that procedure, if i knew he was a competent handler and had planned out the method of this i could probably get a vet to cut them out. but it would need to be restrained perfectly before the vet even came in the room. but its a serious area technically your life is in the hands of the handler.

And what Jozz was saying is that she would take the advice of 3 well respected reptile owners and breeders here in SA who do training days and weekends over someone she doesn't know.

I think in most circumstances alot of us on here would do the same thing.

And as to the post count thing, I have over 1,000 posts but I'm not even in Jozz's league when it comes to elapids and how to care for them.

Forums really are a funny thing, it does get frustrating and confusing at times. But we are all here to help our pets out, why get angry at someone else's view, each to their own and really, it's not worth getting uppity at someone with a different view to another's.

I hope the worms are sorted out!

I would like to see what magpie has to say on this if he is still a member of this site
But from my understanding the best way is to cut them out, if you need a hand pete give me a call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back