Help with Tree frog Enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crail4

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi i wanted to know if anybody can tell me anything that can fill the gaps between my backboard and the glass because crickets hide behind there and i cant tell if my Caerulea's are eating adequately.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated?

Hi Crail4,

Thats the problem with backboards (I asume you are talking about fake walls) I have heard that many people cant manage to stop the crickets from getting behind them. I personally recommend you remove the backboard for the health of your frog.

Hope I was a help,
James (Reptilemaniac)

P:S: Since you are located in sydney where do you purchase your reptile supplies from?

Ive used V2 silicon without problems. As long as you take them out while your doing it and for as long as it takes for the smell to go away. (about 5 hours on a hot day), im not sure how other silicons would go though as some are probably toxic! this one said non toxic, acetic cure?? I assume any aquarium silicone would be fine though?

thanks for the advise the problem is its siliconed in place. I live in Kellyville so kellyville pets is where i purchase my animal supplies

You might be better to just take it out then? unless you can get it off and re seal it properly, crickets do have a knack for finding new holes to hide in.

Put some carrot on the floor of the tank, the crickets will come out at night to feed. Have you also tried hand feeding your frog, many GTF's will happily eat from your fingers.

There still pretty small about 9 months old and i rarely see them eat but they do have skin folds over there ears so they're not under weight i just want to be sure that they are eating enough. they don't eat in other containers and i havent seen them eat anything for about 2 weeks which has got me worried but the fact the crickets are hiding isnt really helping.

Hand feed them, all mine hand feed without an issue, it helps in ensuring everyone's getting an even amount of food and is good fun too. When I take the lid off the tank they all hop out and sit on the edges waiting, too funny.

Hand feed them, all mine hand feed without an issue, it helps in ensuring everyone's getting an even amount of food and is good fun too. When I take the lid off the tank they all hop out and sit on the edges waiting, too funny.

me too. cause they are nocturnal by the time I get home they are sitting on their rock ready to be fed. If it doesn't happen straight away they disappear for an hour or two then come back. It is hugely funny to see them grab the crickets from your fingers then sit back to swallow.

this ensure you know how much each one gets. of course if you have loads of frogs this might be impractical.

good luck.

Thanks for all the help guys and gals i'll try to fill in the sides of the backboard because it'd be a shame to take it out as my smallest frog loves sitting on it all day, and i will start hand feeding them more:D

Yeah i agree, i have a couple and i always hand feed, that way they don't drown and pollute the water and you can regulate how much each has eaten.
If they refuse to hand feed at first just persist, i had that issue with my white lip but now he eats from my hand quite easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back