help with wattages!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hooglabah

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hay y'all.

im planning on building a 4x2x2 for my bhp, and i was wondering what wattage ceramic heat emmitters would give me a good gradient.

i was thinking two 60 watt on the same circut in conjunction with a dimming thermo.

suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks sam
:)

Would probably be fine with one 60watt mate, or just use one 75 or something. No real need to use to heat fittings the heat should be even enough with one on its own.

Pics of ya setup when it comes together are a must mate, I have a 1200x800x600 split level for mine.

Michael

ta muchly yeah i,ll have to post some up of the spotteds enclosures as well :).

75w will do the job. I use 100w globes but I also use a dimming thermostat. If it dims, doesn't really matter if you overkill.

then the thermo fails and your stuffed. Thats the biggest reason i am anti thermostat, people go way over the top with the heat source, then when the thermo fails you end up with dead animals.

To answer your question it will probably be trial and error, start off with out the therm and try 40watt and see if that works, if its too small go for a 60 or 75 depending on how bad the 4 was. Once you get the one that gives you an acceptable temp then shuck the thermo in, even if the thermo fails you dont have anything to worry about

then the thermo fails and your stuffed. Thats the biggest reason i am anti thermostat, people go way over the top with the heat source, then when the thermo fails you end up with dead animals.

To answer your question it will probably be trial and error, start off with out the therm and try 40watt and see if that works, if its too small go for a 60 or 75 depending on how bad the 4 was. Once you get the one that gives you an acceptable temp then shuck the thermo in, even if the thermo fails you dont have anything to worry about

I couldn't agree more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back