Help!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought for the orginal poster, have you thought ahead of time, as far as how big olives get, and how much they eat? When that time comes along, are you sure you will be financially able to take care of them. I learnt the hard way that a pearling casual job was not secure enough to guarantee anything. I purchased two olive pythons when they were about 5ft long. In two years they grew to 9ft and weighing 6kg. I absolutely loved them to death, spoiled them rotten and gave them mint care. But unfortunately that isn't enough to give them what they needed. So I had to sell them because my pearling casual job dwindled to just 4 hours a week and I could not afford to upgrade the size of their enclosures. They real p***-off with that was, 4 weeks later I secured a permanent job. On my permanent job, one pay would have fixed them up, but you just don't know these things. And how long can you keep hanging onto them, try one more month, before its time to let them go. I loved my pair of olives. It was the saddest day having to part with them. Just think of this when you buy yours so you don't "have" to sell it because they are getting too big.

Many ppl seem to think Cairns is cold-proof but just remember its the temperature that counts, not where you live. Up that day time temperature and you'll find his appetite will return. 16 overnight isn't too bad provided he can get nice and warm during the day.

Last edited:
im in cairns and during summer my lights are never on... but they run on a thermostat so its getting to the temps i need. i even had to install a few extra vents and fan to cool one side. but wnow its been getting to 13degrees at night and not to hot during the day.
bang on the heat bud, at least during the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back