Help!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Packhouse06

Reaction score
Sorry if these class as newbie silly questions but as far as keeping frogs go i am green (excuse the pun)

I picked up 5 new Green Tree Frog babies on the weekend and have them in a 2ftx2ftx1.2ft tank, with a heater in there water at 26 degrees. Im in Sydney and the weather is starting to cool down a fair bit now is this enough heat for them? The tank is quiet cold to touch up high on the glass sides and im worried their not getting enough heat...

Also they are about 3cm in length, iv been feeding them the pisces small crickets by putting them in the tank overnight, the crickets seem to be disappearing but havent actually seen any of them eat and the crickets could quiet easily just be escaping out the top! Are these too big for them or should i be feeding them something smaller like the baby crickets? I know its probably hard to tell but any help or thoughts are much appreciated, i love me new little guys and want them to do well!!!

Im not too sure about the water temp, but when i had little green tree frogs, they would eat anything that could fit in their mouth, im sure they are eating them, if you want to make sure, i occasionally used to feed mine crickets with tweezers, theyd take them no worries, you could try that for a bit so you know they are eating ok.
My smallest one would eat flies over half the size of him.
Sorry if its not much help

yeh iv only had them for 3 days so maybe their just settling in, i put them in a container with a handful of crickets the other day for the better part of half and hour and they didnt touch 1 so ill give the tweezer idea a go i think, cheers Dan for the response

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back