Henrylawsoni help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kyle199

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey guys i have two henrylawsoni's.
I have owned them now for around 6 months i got them as adults around 14months old.
one of them is super friendly, however the other ever since i got it is very timid and scared, runs and hides as soon as i go near enclosure or walk past.
So i need some tips on how to get it to come around?if it ever will.
Also do your henrylawsoni's like water?? well one of mine the good handler one loves it, everyday i fill his bowl up and he run and lays and swirls himself around in it. is this normal??

cheers guys

The best thing u can do is sit next to the enclosure with ur hand in there but not touching them, do that for a few days, then try and hold him for a few mins or hand feed vegies but dont take him out of the enclosure. Keep building trust like this. As for the water this is normal, some dragons love it some dont but it this is fine. Just make sure its shallow enough for him to stand.

yeah ive tried hand feeding him food but no interest i will try just being there without touching him :)

yeah the dish is shallow for them to stand

cool mate give it a go and see how he goes. also if u want to handle him try at night when they are sleepy as they are less active

Mine are the same, the male is quiet tame, but the female bolts for cover most times I walk past the enclosure, but slowly getting better and more confident with me, once she realised I equal food. Mine LOVE water too, like yours when I refill their water they go nuts swimming and splashing about. Just be patient and persist with them and they'll come round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back