Herp Help is not for posting rubbish or chit chat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin

morelia
Reaction score
after looking through the pointless rubbish of a recent Herp Help thread I thought its time to remind members that Herp Help is for genuine questions and answers..

one of the most constructive comments below was selected and quoted as it sums up most of what I wanted to say..

Why have a HERP HELP forum? Out of the many forums available on this site, there in only ONE that a person can go to and be assured that the people reading it are there to help. HERP HELP.

If that help is required urgently, then this is clearly the way the only way to go.

What happens when people start wind-ups in this section. Simple! Others read them. You might get take in by the wind-up and so you are doing your best to provide answers against the odds to help. You might realise it’s a wind-up, but you get curious to see who is taken in and who is not. Or you just want to see what silly and humorous comments people make as a result. Spending time on a wind-up, people may then not bother to read any further at that time.

There was an incident earlier in the year where smoke from bushfires was affecting caged snakes and someone needed immediate help. They got only 2 replies because there was a wind-up ID post with insufficient information and little to no reply from the OP in front of them. By good luck the information they were given was sound and they acted on it and the snakes came through OK.

But surely one little obvious wind-up occasionally is not going to hurt?

It is the thin-edge of the wedge. As soon as you allow one, it has to be open to all! As for being obvious or not… What is obvious to you may not be so obvious to me. And what one OP does is no guarantee of what the next will do.

I haven’t even touched on how wasting people’s time is considered fun.

Mike Lynch

Great Post Mike.. thank you..
Herp Help is a forum where members can ask for help and advice on legitimate issues and problems and where members with some experience, knowledge and correct answers can reply with suggestions that may be able to help with these issues..

Herp Help forum is not for members to post "jokes" 'rubbish' "stupid threads" "off topic posts" and other irrelevant topics for a reptile forum.. there is the "chit chat forum" available that caters for that sort of "topic"

please keep the rubbish out of herp help forum or you will be infracted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back