Herpetology in Tasmania ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rigga

Reaction score
Just wondering what snakes are allowed to be kept in Tassie, is it only the 3 native sp. ?
I've been given a job opportunity and I imagine I would have to sell my snakes if I were to move ?

Pretty sure it's only Tiger's and Copperheads you can keep down there. Mmmmmm Copperheads!!!!!

Simone.

you can always give your snakes 2 me untill you return:p

Yeah, from what I've heard you are only alowed to own the natives on lic

There is atleast one person importing pythons and other mainland reptile species into Tasmania.

Get in contact with the herps club/s down there.

Brisbane to Tasmania. Better buy a jumper and some socks

There is atleast one person importing pythons and other mainland reptile species into Tasmania.

Get in contact with the herps club/s down there.

Thanks Australis, will definitely look into it

Just spoken to David Thow of the Tassie Herp Society and things look promising.
Just need to contact the DPIW and confirm some details.
One interesting fact David told me is that native snakes are free in Tasmania, he'll give me as many Tiger Snakes as I want :)

Yea i think i remember readin that all the snakes have to be wild caught and your not allowed to sell offspring or somthing like that.

rigga, this David bloke that you spoke to. Does he have copperheads as well? I got plenty of Tassie Tigers so dont need any more but would be interested in some coperheads. PM me please. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back