Herping and Working!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pugsly

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I am lucky that I have a job that I get to see so many herps with, although the last three 40 degree days have been hell outside for 8 hours at a time, I do get to see some reptiles at least.

Today whilst I was eating some lunch i heard a bunch of birds squarking close, turned my head and saw a Brown trying to scoot away from them on the 14th hole tee. I got out of my cart and shooed them off but he looked pretty banged up and very P!$$3d off!! Stupid brids.. must have been four of them attacking it.

As usual I had my camera handy and took some snaps!

newgolf4.jpg

newgolf8.jpg

golfnew12.jpg

Lots more pics in my gallery if yas wanna look.

And yesterday found this guy, had a bad nose...and our resident 4th hole turtle, he dives into the water everytime a cart drives past, funny bugger.

golf4_001.jpg

golf1.jpg

Sometimes I love my job!

Yeah I know, i was temped to get him to a vet but ive seen him around and about the last few months so he seems to be doin ok.

Nice pics pugsly... The brown looks like he's a bit stressed out!

How far away were you from the brown in the bottom shot... he looks like he's trying to scare you away!

Hey - wanna swap jobs?

i know bugger all about elapids, but i recon coastal taipans and browns of that locality look similar.

Well if I didnt here the birds he would have slithered straight under the cart lol. But i got out he saw me and stopped for a second, then went straight around me, i was prob a 2 meters away i reckon, didnt want to get any closer than that!

Azz Yeah i got no idea mate, i dont know anything about elapids really either so cant help.

hey pugsly do you need an assistant?????? lol

If ya got a video cam handy sure! LOL we can make doco's!

A trip to the vet for the bluey probably wouldnt hurt.
maybe take the brown in as well :D

Enjoy the outdoors job while it lasts Pugs. As a lawyer you'll still see snakes but they want have scales!!!!

maybe take the brown in as well

You trying to get me killed are ya! LOL

Yeah if i see the bluey again I will take him along.

As a lawyer you'll still see snakes but they want have scales!!!!

True that..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back