Herping in Leeton?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nrg800

Reaction score
One only needs to glance at my profile to see that I'm not a very good herper... I've never tried, really... My list stands at an impressive 29 Species (Whoa, I know!). But I have always been interested in Herping, and Reptiles in general, and, even more generally, Animals as a whole.

My main focus is birds, with a less modest list of 457 species. So any information about the current conditions of the Swamp would also be helpful. But I have Bird buds to call on for that...

My main query, therefor, is; Herping? What? How? Where?
All the reptiles I've stumbled across in the past have been exactly that... Stumbled upon, and I would very much like to change that. Do I just look under lots of logs and tin, or is it more precise than that? Do I really need to get up early in the morning to Herp successfully (Very little will get any teenager out of bed before 8, least me)? And... just any tips to Herping in general.

Anything more specific than the Above, would also be much appreciated! The Atlas of Living Australia lists 25 Species of Reptile living within 10km of Leeton, but most of which have only been recorded less than 5 times.

I think I've droned on enough and made my point... So yeah! Any help would help!

Thanks!
~Nathan

Just keep trying. Look at different times and seasons and research the species you are looking for, if you really are keen it wont take long to work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back