Herping in Perth

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moreliavridis

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm working in and around Perth for a few weeks. Just wondering where are some good places to go herping?

Cheers
Jason

go south for a few hours arount Margarate River and Augusta..

My sisters lives dont that way and ive never been there without seeing at least 40 herps a day...

heaps of shingleback, western browns, golden trees, dugites, dragons of all sorts and the occasional carpet..

Anything haha.

Cheers for that I'm heading south soon around that area.
So hopefully I might find something.

Stick to the sandy coastal areas they are the best for the WA endemics. Kings Park right in the middle of Perth is actually really good especially for the Strophurus geckos but many other cool herps as well.

Really, its a bit cold to head to margrets at the moment. 5c last night, not much good for reptiles down south till spring.

go south for a few hours arount Margarate River and Augusta..

My sisters lives dont that way and ive never been there without seeing at least 40 herps a day...

heaps of shingleback, western browns, golden trees, dugites, dragons of all sorts and the occasional carpet..

Now there's a few porkies here... apart from highly exaggerated numbers, there are no Western Browns or Golden Tree Snakes anywhere near Margaret River. As an ex-pat West Australian, I'd have to say that southern WA is not rich in herps at all compared to coastal NSW, and May-June is not the best time for anything...

Jamie

Prettypython is on the money, if you want to see anything at all you are going to have to work hard for it.

najanaja, you will not find Western Browns near Margs or Augusta. What are Golden Trees?

Jason R, I went to the Armadale reptile centre yesterday well worth a look and cheap at $15 for adults. It's about the best herping available at the moment,LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back