Herping Success

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it Egernia cunninghami or an highly patterned Egernia mcpheei ? out of interest

Is it Egernia cunninghami or an highly patterned Egernia mcpheei ? out of interest

Hey Mate, To be honest I'm not 100% sure but there's a fair stack of Cunninghams down here, Just check the trusty Wilson/Swan guide and looks like McPheei is not found here.

I was leaning towards the Cunninghams but wanted to make you get up from the computer lol

I was leaning towards the Cunninghams but wanted to make you get up from the computer lol

Haha The table is covered in reptile books as always, Nice try but thanks for thinking of my cardio workout ;)

Hehehe, if nothing else, I got a bit of a giggle out of this thread! Thanks for that! :)

And yes, nice little critter - hopefully it will become a regular!

Yeah it's getting them to stay down's the trick! :p

Nice find, did he bolt?

No, I got within 6 feet didn't even flinch But they tend to be like that form the one's I have seen, but you get to close and Bazinga they're gone just like that.

He's a nice one with that heavy white patterning. The ones I see up here are a little redder and less white, I think I like that really white a tad better,

Hey GP, He's a little whiter then the usual units I see down here. I'm shocked I got so close.

P.S. He didn't eat from me.

These below are from late last yr bout half hour from here. Sorry for quality I had the iso setting way up for previous shoot and forgot it was still on that high hence all the digital noise.

View attachment 215457View attachment 215458View attachment 215456

Last edited:
Great find! Almost certainly E. cunninghami, but can we get better head and whole tail shots please? According to Cogger, E. cunninghami tails should be more or less cylindrical and about as long as the body. E. mcphee is not located near Canberra

There is no doubt at all it is 100% Egernia cunninghami......if people have doubt with this one they should refrain from iding east coast herps

Cheers,
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back