He's Here!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajandj

Reaction score
Well, we finally got out newest family member. He's a 5 month old central Beared Dragon. (Yet un named)
I've actually got him to eat a little but l am horrified at how tiny he is. He was housed with 7 other dragons and only fed crickets.......In a day or 2 i will take some pics but for now l am just letting him settle in.

Cheers
Jane

I've just measured him and he's 6 1/2 inches long and is 14 grams. I think this little fella needs alot of TLC

Last edited:
Congratulations, I hope to get an Eastern Beardie soon. I find it odd he was only fed crickets, what was the condition of the others?

wow he is tiny, mine is approx 6 months old, weighs 105gm and is 35cm long

Congratulations, I hope to get an Eastern Beardie soon. I find it odd he was only fed crickets, what was the condition of the others?

The others were smaller than this one. He was petshop bought, yes l know l should probably have not bought him but anyone. They openly told me that he has been living on crickets alone.
(I asked because l thught it better to feed the same as they have been, so as not to upset him too much. You know, the whole stress of been move to new home and all)

Congrats! When I went to pick up my snake today I was soo tempted by the lil pygmy beardies they had there. Sadly only had enough money for the snake. They are soooo cute!

Dont be surprised if your dragon does not eat vegies when young. Though I offered vegies, my dragons did not start to eat them until they were about nine months. Even at 18 months they still ate heaps more crickets than veg.

Also important to read up on what veg they can eat, (no avocado etc).

Mostg people have success feeding them dandilions and apple at first. Then get them on boc choy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back