"Hey Rev Heads"

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that's some serious confidence in your TFR. I love how the third one down in the related videos is "top crashes". Thanks for sharing Baden

ok so i'm a bit of a JSF nut and the backburners and engines kind of get me going ...if you know what i mean, if it weren't for my medical issues i was given the opportunity to be an aviation tech in the RAAF at edinborough to work with the FA- 18 superhornets and the future planes F-35 Lightening II that will take over the super hornet when they retire.
sooo
ahh the "TopGun' F-14 TomCat flyby thats one of my flaverites!!! (shame thats not in there

Number 7 would have been awesome to be there and hear the rawr
how i wish i was that soldier in number 5!
WHAOH number 3 was insane!
and number 1 is plain speccie

funny thing is, these JSF are all either army or navy. not one is airforce! i'd love to see a douglas A4 do a flyby though (navy plane) or when they come into commission the F-35 Lightening II

ok so i'm a bit of a JSF nut and the backburners and engines kind of get me going ...if you know what i mean, if it weren't for my medical issues i was given the opportunity to be an aviation tech in the RAAF at edinborough to work with the FA- 18 superhornets and the future planes F-35 Lightening II that will take over the super hornet when they retire.
sooo
ahh the "TopGun' F-14 TomCat flyby thats one of my flaverites!!! (shame thats not in there

Number 7 would have been awesome to be there and hear the rawr
how i wish i was that soldier in number 5!
WHAOH number 3 was insane!
and number 1 is plain speccie

funny thing is, these JSF are all either army or navy. not one is airforce! i'd love to see a douglas A4 do a flyby though (navy plane) or when they come into commission the F-35 Lightening II
Sorry to be picky but the whole opening scene of that video is from Top Gun...
Also the Superhornets are at Amberley so you might have had a hard time working on them at Edinburgh. Unless you're into P3s there aren't any real aircraft down there

Last edited:
i know that the whole opening scene is from topgun...i own the movie and have watched it several times and they have 1 superhornet at edinborough...and bull there aren't i've been on base and on the tarmac, in the JSF hangers and the P3''s are only for trainer pilots. i was a cadet and did a week long GST with the big boys...and kept up.

If you knew it was in there why did you say "shame that's not in there"?
lol P3s are fighter pilot trainer aircraft now are they? Last I checked they were used for maritime patrol. But what would I know.

my bad...i was thinking of something different
i meant as in the top 10 :rolleyes:

JSF - 35 - cant wait
F 22 raptor - i want one pick up the shoping with !!

raptor US congress does not sell them to foriegn govs but will sell the F-35 !!!!

i know, i'm hoping to get a photo with the F-35 (got RAAF mates) soooo if i do i can make you extremely jealous :) and when i went to the amberly airshow i sat in a superhornet...they had to use some bribary to get me out!

JSF - 35 - cant wait
F 22 raptor - i want one pick up the shoping with !!

raptor US congress does not sell them to foriegn govs but will sell the F-35 !!!!

I was under the impression a F-22 would rip the F-35 a new one?

they're just as good as each other except that one won't be distributed to foreign bases.

Distance kept the United States’ fleet of F-22 Raptors out of the fight over Libya, Air Force officials revealed today after weeks of speculation on the matter.
Had Raptors been based in Europe or the Middle East, they would have been used in Operation Odyssey Dawn to enforce the no-fly zone over Libya, Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Norton Schwartz told the Senate Armed Services Committee Senate Appropriations defense subcommittee this morning.

DoD Buzz | Stateside Basing Kept the F-22 Out of the Libya Fight

US INTERVENTION COSTS US $550MILLION ALREADY
WASHINGTON -- The military intervention in Libya has cost the U.S. Defense Department an extra $550 million so far, mostly for bombs and missiles, officials said Tuesday.
The figure is not a full picture of the price tag for the operation in that it does not include such money as pay for U.S. Sailors, Airmen and other forces, who would have been deployed somewhere in the world anyway, officials said. But it is the first official figure released on the cost of setting up the no-fly zone in the North African nation and protecting civilians from strongman Moammar Gadhafi as he resists a movement to oust him.
Of the $550 million in added spending through Monday, about 60 percent was "for munitions, the remaining costs are for higher operating tempo" of U.S. forces and of getting them there, Cmdr. Kathleen Kesler, a Pentagon spokeswoman, said Tuesday.
http://www.dodbuzz.com/2011/03/30/stateside-basing-kept-the-f-22-out-of-the-libya-fight/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back