Hey

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mitch_hynes

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey joined this forum cause I want to get a darwin carpet python and was looking for advice

Hey Mitch_hynes! Welcome!! What information were you looking for???

Howdy...Theres a search button top right of page...ANY info your enquiring about i bet theres tonnes of information you need...

hello and welcome
Darwin carpets are cooly cool!

- - - Updated - - -

hello and welcome
Darwin carpets are cooly cool!

I'm building an enclosure is 1500mmx900mmx500mm HxWxD is that big enough for a fully grown darwin??

Hi Mitch, welcome to APS.

Are you planning on purchasing a fully-grown python or were you after one as a hatchling?
If you were going to purchase one from a young age I wouldn't suggest building the cage for it's "adult age" now.
However, general rule of thumb, make sure the length of the cage is at least half as long as the length of your python.

In my own experience, I have a 60X60X90 enclosure for my Diamond, which is already seeming a bit on the small side and she is nowhere near grown.

A am going to get a hatchling but going to start making the big enclosure cause its gonna cost a bit of money haha yea I know not to put them into big enclosures straight away

A am going to get a hatchling but going to start making the big enclosure cause its gonna cost a bit of money haha yea I know not to put them into big enclosures straight away

4x2x2 is adequate for an adult darwin carpet python :)
be sure to post some pics up once you get him :)

Last edited:
I was also thinking that if I made it how big I said I was going to then if I ever changed my mind and wanted a different snake i have room if I wanted a bigger snake haha

I was also thinking that if I made it how big I said I was going to then if I ever changed my mind and wanted a different snake i have room if I wanted a bigger snake haha

ha ha thats a good idea there so many carpets to choose from an they are all beautiful :)

What lighting should I put in the enclosure ? Basking light and uv?

- - - Updated - - -

????????????

- - - Updated - - -

ANY INFO????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back