Hi All... Finally Purchased First Snake!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbsy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi All, I have replied to one or two threads in recent weeks, but I am no doubt a stranger to most of you, so hello. Until now I have not had a pet snake to brag about. It has taken years of convincing my lovely fiance to let me have a pet snake as I have previously had Bearded Dragons and a fiesty Gippsland Water Dragon. Today we picked up our beautiful little female Bredli, which the kids have called "Boo". She's a little snappy and has given both of us several lovebites, the first when we initially picked her out and more today as we put her in her new home, but she is adorable. I just hope my fiance will let me have a hold once she settles in :D.

I am having an enclosure made out of 20mm Aussie blackwood which should not be too far away, a week or so. She has settled into her new click clack for now and loves the upturned terracotta pot (see pics).

Cheers!

Attachments

• Boo.jpg
    Boo.jpg
    486.5 KB · Views: 96
  • Boo Click Clack.jpg
    Boo Click Clack.jpg
    438.9 KB · Views: 66
Congrats! You'll soon begin convincing her to add another to your collection I'm sure! :lol:

Congrats mate, I got my first Bredli under four weeks ago and I can tell you first hand, they stay snappy for a while. He settles down after a little while thought. At the moment he is eating every four days.

Congrats on the first snake.. ! shes gona turn out beautiful with each shed...
im hoping to get a bredli myslf...sigh...when, when, when.......

Thanks! Everyone is so warm and welcoming :D I told my fiance this will be the start of something. I am just as happy to have "converted" her into the world of reptiles, as I am now owning my first snake... although I have sinced been told it is "her" snake, haha.

Thanks again for all the kind words.

I will be sure to post pics of the enclosure when I get it.

She is beautiful. Congrats. I have 2 Bredli, both were snappy but have settled down. Once she has settled in, ensure you handle her heaps. It certainly pays off imo.

YAY!!! Bredli... Very nice one too, congratulations.

Ben

one of my beardies is called Boo!! :)

thats a lovely bredli, i've had mine for over 2 years now and i love him to bits, started off snappy too and is now the mellowest most beautiful boy ever! :)

even the boyfriend dares approach him these days! :)

Thanks again for all the kind words.

We fed her for the first time yesterday, as we were told she was due for a feed, and she took the fuzzy without any problem :D I was so worried she wouldn't feed at first after bringing her home, but she is doing great and settling in really well. We will leave her for a couple of days now and just maybe on Wednesday night we might have to have a little hold ;)... It is so hard not to sit in front of the Click Clack for hours just watching.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back