hi all

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shags6969

Reaction score
hi to all who read this :D .
my name is andrew and i am a newby to the snake scene .
i have been interested in them for as long as i can remember and since i am now 23 figured i am finnaly in the rite financial state to get my own .
if anyone is willing to lend me some advice on a great first snake ( i was going to go for a childrens python to start with as i am a big kid hehe :lol: ) and what i should have set up before
i get one it would be greatly appreciated .. i hope i get the chance to get to know a few people in the game over time i will own and be a snake fan ( will be a very very very long time yet hehe ) .
i hope to talk to you soon . till then b good if not b good at it ;) .

reg : andrew
dubbo nsw

Children's pythons are pretty good to start out with, along with the Spotted they're probably the most common.

A typical set up will be needed, and depending on the age youre looking for (a full grown childreni could live happily in a 60x40x40 enclosure). But the younger ones will need alot of hides if its coming from a small tank. Wooden boxed with glass fronts are best as less heat escapes; it also makes the snake feel more secure.

A deep enough water dish that allows the snake to be submerged (as they like to chill out in the water occasionally). no uv light is necessary (most snakes are nocturnal), a heat mat under the enclosure (one about half the size of the enclosure) will do great. and use butchers paper for the substrate.

make sure the enclosure is cool at one and and warm at the other.

feed on thawed mice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back