Hi from Brisvegas

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicmorrow

Reaction score
Hi all, my name is Garry.
I have been in Herp hibernation for 35 years, but am coming out.
When a teenager I used to go hunting around artifical lake near my former home at Revesby Heights.
Had red bellies, a couple of baby browns, copperheads and a few carpets, whips, marshies.
I bought some Carpets ($8 a foot) from George Cann the old snake man at La Perouse.
My prized posession was a red naped snake, caught at Waterfall.
Nothing doing at the moment, but have convinced my wife that some quality herps would spruce up the house, so I'm on the look out.
Look forward to having a chat and getting re-educated via the forums.
Cheers

Welcome to the site Garry.

I'd go mad withouth my herps, great that you're getting back into it.

Hey, welcome to the 'game'. I only recently moved from Revesby, and while there's still a bit of bush around, I doubt it's the place for any serious herping these days.

Let us know what you're looking into getting.

My preference would be for a couple of bhp's, but early advice is I should go for something easier like Bredli.
Very much open to suggestions.
In a year or two, would like to have a go at breeding.

Mate, if you want a BHP, go for a BHP. There are angels and devils in most species, so go for what you like. The difference between a BHP and a Bredli, is that BHPs tend to go a little nuts when food is around. Very alert come feeding time, but there are many tame BHPs.

Different locals too, so look around for what you prefer in terms of colour.

Welcome to the site.
can't believe you have kept a herp in 35 years there just so addictive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back