Hi! *grins cheerfully*

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fliss

Reaction score
Hi everybody! I'm a newbie to the APS forums so I thought I'd drop a line in here to introduce myself.

I'm a fourth-year Genetics student at the Australian National University in Canberra, and I've had a life-long fascination with snakes, although I'm interested in reptiles of all kinds. Ideally, next year I will be able to do honours on a snake-related genetics-based project, although we'll see how we go. I have recently been following the research of Dr Bryan Fry into the evolution of venom toxins in snakes and lizards, so something in that field would be fantastic.

I don't own any snakes, although I would very much like to. (My mum currently absolutely forbids it, and as I still live at home I pretty much have to accept that.) So at the moment, my biggest aim is to try to find a way to get snake-handling experience without actually needing to own a snake myself - if anybody has any advice, please let me know!

Other than that, I just want to say hi!! I look forward to discussing herp-related issues with you all (as well as ogling the photos, of course)!

~Fliss

PS Ooh lookie, I'm an egg!! *giggles and bounces excitedly*

Have you been to exotic pets in Canberra.
peter might be able to help you out .

*points at egg*
Heeeelllllooo newbie!!
Check your PMs. :p

Welcome to the site, advice - move out!! lol, nah, just nag until you are allowed to get one, trust me its worth it

Welcome to the site, advice - move out!!
Lol, that's certainly the plan! But it's going to have to wait until I'm out of uni, otherwise there's no way I could afford it (even with a number of part-time jobs as I have now).

Have you been to exotic pets in Canberra.
peter might be able to help you out.
Whereabouts in Canberra is Exotic Pets? I'm not familiar with it.

Thanks for the warm welcome, everybody!

Welcome, try small steps with your mum first. Maybe a smallish lizard first, but never forget your goal !!
Good Luck :D

hey, welcome.
your best bet is taking your mum somewhere where they have a large docile snake she can handle. she will soon learn that they are not scary! (well thats what finaly worked with my mum).
good luck :D.

Welcome, enjoy your flight with Air-APS, please feel free to watch the in flight drama movies daily, popcorn provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back