hi Mr African man

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marc

Reaction score
did you check out my photos on this sit, its the ones with the spinipes eggs on the front

Attachments

• scan10001.jpg
    scan10001.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 102
Isnt the sea krait themost venomous sea snake?

In terms of LD50 which relates to how the venom effects lab mice Emydocephalus annulataus seems to be the most venomous according to Heatwole.

nice pics marc, where did you meet the sea krait? i take it you travel alot. :D

Sea Kraits and sea snakes are a group that is classified as the most venomous sea dwelling species, and just happen to be the most venomous in the world to.
The Inland Taipan being the most venomous land snake.
Unlike the Inland Taipan the sea snakes fangs are quite small and it is quite hard for smaller specimens to get their mouth around and bite, not that they try, they are one of the most placid venomous snakes you will ever come across, well most! Hence the photo of the Marc holding one.

Warning* Please don't try free handling them though ! You are bound to be the one that comes across the one in a million that has had a bad day! LOL!

its fijian banded sea krait Laticauda colubrina, we found about 10 in this small area, while my partner and I was visiting Fiji earlier this very. There are very venomous but are really reluctent to bite....Id trust it before a carpet python....with bitting that is. The one pictured he is a male I found only one girl....a pritty cool trip and cheap.

"I agree dont free handle unless you know what you are doing Ok Kids"

I was waiting for some one to say that.

Actually NCHERPS, The fierce snake is the most venomous Land snake.

Cause a bite hurts somthin fierce! lol

It's the common name Belle, that's why you are better off sticking to scientific names if you really want to know which species you are talking about. Many animals have many different common names and it can be quite confusing.

Oxyuranus microlepidotus is also called Western Taipan, Inland Taipan, small scaled snake and fierce snake, and even the Old school herper still call them Paras short for Parademansia microlepidotus. You will find that most snakes have several name it depends on were it is from and what the local people discribe it as.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back