hi, new snake owner

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbo10

Not so new Member
Reaction score
gday everybody, what a awesome place regarding snakes you have here, we have recently bought a coastal carpet python and every thing is going well, she is eating pinkies/furries with great enthusiam and doesnt mind when been handled/ good personality.... the only concern i have is the humidity in her enclosure, she is housed in a glass tank heated by a heat lamp, i was just wondering what the humdity should be and how do i keep it constant?thanks for your help

Humidity is not necessary with coastal carpet pythons. If the glass is fogging up with condensation I would be trying to dry it out. This can be done by adding more ventilation holes and if possible, moving the water bowl further to the cool end where it can't be heated up.

The only time you may need to increase humidity is around shedding time. If he's shed comes off in one clean piece then don't change anything. If his shed comes off all in little bits and pieces then when he comes round to shed again, increase his humidity just for the shed period. You can do this by placing a bowl of water near the warm end, or spraying him and the warm end every couple days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back