Hi!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrison

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I have always liked lizards & snakes, but have never really thought seriously about owning one untill just recently when a friend of mine got me all worked up about it..

I am trying to make up my mind weather to start with a bearded dragon, a shingle back or a blue tongue.

From what ive read here in the forums, bearded dragons are very popular.
They look like they would be very energetic, I would be worried handling them in case they tried to run away. Is that normally an issue?

Ive done some reading about caring for lizards & the type of enclousure I need for them, but I owned seahorses once before & I under estimated the care that was involved for them..
Does anyone have any recommendations as to what might be best to start out with?

cheers,

Max

Hi and welcome to the site, hope you enjoy it. Yes a bearded dragon is a good first lizard also look at blues tonguesif you want to handle them, my favourite is Sandswimmers, if you get a chance check them out.

welcome. most beardies tame up very well if you get them young and are content to just go to sleep on you

welcome. If i was you i'd start with all 3! lol - but seriously beardies are good to start with! Dont worry about them wanting to run off, if your warm they just go to sleep on you!

Okay then, I will go get myself a beardie & see how I go.

I caught a wild one when I was a youngster, I hung on to it for half a day, but let it go because I had no idea how to look after it..
I remember how fast & feisty it was! Heaps of character too..
Im looking forward to trying again, now that im not so worried about it running off!

Thanks for the advice, Im sure ill be needing more soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back