holidays

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neven

Reaction score
hey guys,
just wondering if any one has any suggestions of what to do when you go away on holidays. i have 3 bearded dragons and will be away for 4-5 nites and im not sure what i can do with my lizards. ill most likely buy a small pot of lettuce to sit in there and im thinkin maybe just put a big load of crickets in they tank. but i no they will just eat them all on the first day.
any ideas?
ta nev

What about friends or family????

You could try and find someone on the site.....Or some herp vets will look after them, like with dogs..

But I am in Sydney, so sorry I can't help.

yeh but most of my mates close by to warrandyte are pansies and are affraid of them lol...

Only Beardies Right?????

What the hell are they scared of?????

Where you going???? Could you take them????

nah i struggled to lift the cage into my room let alone gettin it onto a trailer.... so thats not gonna happen... and my second cage i have isnt big enough to keep the three of them in it...
nev

How big is the second cage????

After all it is only for a few days......better than coming home to sick/dead lizards..

I would have done it for you Neven, but I don't have the room at this stage or the enclosure. It would have been good as my 3 little ones could have said hi to there mummy and daddy. Good luck in finding somewhere. :)

Mate, educate your friends so that they aren't scared. Beardies???? lol. butterfly's are scarier than beardies!! I'm sure that you can persuade them to help out.....put on the pressure and tell them its do or die, I'm sure one of them can "put their lives in danger" and help out at least a bit? :wink:

I have friends that take their beardies on holidays and they use one of those plastic dog/cat transport cages without any hassles.

I'm in Nunawading Neven, I'll gladly help you out. Trouble is, I'm also nicking off for a couple of weeks over Xmas :lol: At least I'll know my snake will be fine for that time :D :wink:

Send me a PM if you're stuck and can't find anyone. I think we'll probably be away over the same period of time though :lol:

Cheers,
Luke :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back