home screen out of whack.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
all you young people are so clever with all your computer jargin. i am truly impressed. i cannot understand one single word of it, but i just enjoy reading it all. " If you only clear your cache ".. now what can that possibly mean ????????????????????

all you young people are so clever with all your computer jargin. i am truly impressed. i cannot understand one single word of it, but i just enjoy reading it all. " If you only clear your cache ".. now what can that possibly mean ????????????????????

Sounds like something that shouldn't be said in polite company!

All I'm trying to do is get advice about how to do this (whatever it is) without loosing my entire browsing history

Here's a screen shot (achieved with the help of my daughter)

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
The problem seems to be in the online window .Clicking the arrow beside it fixes the problem but then you can't see who is online .Click the arrow again and it reverts back to the stretched online window and back to square one again .

To clear the cache in IE click on the cog on the top left to bring up the menu. Find the "Safety"(sic) option then select the Delete browsing History item.

This opens up a form, set it as shown

A much better way is to avoid using the infection vector IE altogether and use a modern browser like chrome

Attachments

• ie2.png
    ie2.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 109
  • ie1.png
    ie1.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 122
I tried deleting all that cake bizzo but i've still got the problem. Has anyone worked out how to fix it yet?

Yes we find another forum that dosent screw around with their site every 5min

Turn it up gibblore. If it means that much to you it then take your own advice. No one is forcing you to be here and no one forced you to buy a subscription.

Nothing is perfect. We stay here because we enjoy what is on offer. Now either quit your moaning or go somewhere else. I know a lot of other reptile forums that i can direct you to if you like.

This is crap it seems every week there is another problem with this site, It is very frustrating that i have to try an learn to be some computer wizz just to use a reptile forum. Please try and keep in mind that not everyone is not computer savy and things like this can be a big pain for some. You say you upgraded the system last night but now i am dealing with a downgraded site go figure.

It is not their fault, they are upgrading it to bring something more efficient to you guys. But there will always be faults with any upgrade and this is simply because there are far too many browsers. If it works on Firefox it doesn't work (as effectively) on Internet Explorer or as it would on Google Chrome.

Coming from having our website recently updated there were some minor faults which were fixed. Rather than assuming they are trying to "annoy you" just be calm about it and tell them what you are noticing as they will get someone to look through the code to find the mistake or write code to fix it.

I tried deleting all that cake bizzo but i've still got the problem.
lol cake? You're a funny guy.
What do people use the Home screen for anyway? I generally link straight to the Forum tab...

Last edited:
This is crap it seems every week there is another problem with this site, It is very frustrating that i have to try an learn to be some computer wizz just to use a reptile forum. Please try and keep in mind that not everyone is not computer savy and things like this can be a big pain for some. You say you upgraded the system last night but now i am dealing with a downgraded site go figure.

Agreed !

Is it really that big an issue or are you people just trolling? I can't imagine you hate this site so badly if you are still here.

im having the same issue, but once you minimise the online members tab its all ok. Tried deleting all IE8 cookies etc but still happening.

to the people bitching about the site, all other herp forums ive gotten onto have nowhere near the content of this one

I can replicate the issue on IE8 now. As a workaround for now, click the "Compatibility View" button (next to the refresh button) at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back