Hook Recommendations?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fqwxs

Reaction score
recommended brand of hook with dims?

Cameron

We supply many midwest products, and due to the fact we freight in large numbers we get discounts and it may work out cheaper for you...

I think he means the dimentions Peter.
So the size of the snake tells you the dimentions your hook should be..
I think thats what a dims is anyway.
I just get the stainless steel hook ends ( 2 sizes )from the herp shop and glue an appropiate sized handle to it.

I know a nice chick in frankston....sorry i miss read the title :p.

no but seriously one of the best hooks i ever had was an aluminum arrow shaft without a head which just hat a piece of wire in the end of it shaped to suit.
it was lite and you could feel every move, it was great for juvenile elapids.

I just picked up a hook and jigger set from Raptor Products at the Reptile expo in Vic.

They are a tellescopic walking pole with a shock absorber modified to handle herps.
The length goes from aprox 68cm to 135cm. Also the heads are interchangable.

They are Australian made and they deliver anywhere.

just make one! then you make it to exactly how you want! i just used a golf club and a push rod! 10mins and i was done! Although i still have to adjust it abit! it cost me nothing!

Problem with collapsible hooks and pinning sticks is they collapse and can do when your working with them, they can also twist whilst pinning....I have had this happen in Cairns when pinning a taipan....not fun!

We make our own....never fail.....or we can order in any Midwest product you want.

My hubby makes mine ..golf clubs and as he can weld ,he makes the hooks that I draw for him ...cost was $10.00 for 5 golf clubs and he had the rest of the stuff...

We only use hooks that cannot fail...no welds or joins, just one piece of steel bent to shape....very industrial, very handy, very strong and cannot pull apart like many of the commercial golf club hooks.....welds break, especially light welds needed on hooks.

understand you wanting to flog your products ..but dont knock the golf club hooks have had mine for years still strong as and if you do it for a job then you should check your gear before you go anywhere anyway ...

Thansk People - Lots of colourful ideas.

PaleoHerp - I trust your Frankston Hook is clean and has the right curves in the right places. ;)

Dims = Dimensions

Interesting - the use of golf clubs for hooks. What size (number) club is recommended for this application?

Byte

Redbelly bite...I am not knocking any gear...what you use is up to you....supply of handling equipment is not a business priority for us...I am just offering an alternative piece of equipment........if you like your golf club hook then use it....we can also provide midwest hooks which are based on the same design and are very light weight...we actually use them in our reptile room.....very effective and comforatable to use.

Redbelly bite...I am not knocking any gear...what you use is up to you....supply of handling equipment is not a business priority for us...I am just offering an alternative piece of equipment........if you like your golf club hook then use it....we can also provide midwest hooks which are based on the same design and are very light weight...we actually use them in our reptile room.....very effective and comforatable to use.
I actually have HOOKS not just 1 golf club hook ...just to let you know ;)

I use golf clubs with the hooks and have found them to be very effective with handling and are cheap to purchase. You could also ask someone to make some up for you then you can decide on different shapes and sizes : )

What do you want to do with the hook? It doesn't really matter, its just for supporting the bulk of the snake while you hold the other end or as an extension to your arm when going through piles of crap looking for that fearsome brown that someone saw in their backyard.

I apologize for not knowing the quantity of HOOKS that you have redbellybite.....I am not sure why that is important...I have already stated we use them too.....I am able to provide quality products from midwest....these include golf club style hooks......we have some that have lasted for years and we have also had them fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back