Horrible Herp Store

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Lacie a Bells? And did they choose a Bells because it is like the name of a street near them? if so I know the shop you mean and they also can't sex lizards. :evil:

LOL- most clever Peter! I'm a lawyer, and I know exactly how fairly and impartially the legal system handles people that do the right thing by warning others of a shop like this. I like my life UNSUED! The store's not in Narre Warren, it's been mentioned on here before in exactly this same context, and I can also say that the description of crap everywhere, and no where to walk because of the piles of stuff is dead on. I was horrified to discover living (?) herps buried in cages under other cages half assembled and unwashed- yuck!

Worry not those of you who are shopping in Melbourne- you could NOT miss this place. The first thing you see is a monitor that has burrowed in piles of newspaper smeared with it's own excrement, and a cage full of skinks and beardies with sores and crap all over the walls.

If you want to ask, PM me, but I'd rather not put it on the board. He he he- just telling someone isn't publication or public utterance, and therefore she aint slander or libel.....he he he he

I agree about Upmarket pets- a decent store.

Well, I called DNRE, and they told me the place was ALREADY under investigation, but they took the details, and said they would "take it under advisement." If it's already under investigation, why haven't they done anything to assist the starving animals? Maybe I should try the RSPCA too.

Give both DNRE and RSPCA the details bobthefish. If one is procrastinating or short staffed and under resourced (as they usually are) the other may pick up the case. The more often different people tell the authorities of this place the more chance is something will be done.
Its best to not procrastinate and think some one else will do it, they may not. (this is for the general reader not you, you are doing something bob.)
Cheers
Hendrix

Yeah Hendrix- I am going to call the RSPCA- something needed to be done ages ago about those poor animals. There needs to be some sort of RSPCA certification for pet stores- like RACV ratings for lodging.

i got a female cunningham from upmarket pets just recently.
She is in really good health. She is also very active.
What store/pet shop/aquarium was the horrid one. I have been 2 a few but most of the aquariums i have been 2 are great with a great variety of animals there.

seems like a few of us come from Narre Warren... might start a post (probley been done though) about where ppl live. Ive started breeding mice and might have a few spare to help out fellow herpers

two of the best in Melbourne are Bunarong Aquarium and Amazing Amazon,
Two of the worst areas are Springvale and Preston

the 2 worst pet shops/ aquariums with fish and reptile facilities are Mentone Aquarium and Passion For Pets.
Passion 4 pets eastern blueys had mites all over them and mentone aquariums setup sucks. About 30 blotched blueys were all in 1 tank, juvi's and adult's. Disgraceful. Some1 can easily becombe dinner their.
Also the ground coverage was green carpet, not even bloody kitty litter those poor @$$%*&^*&^

What about the breeders that continually supply these stores? without their support these stores would not excist!!!!!

the 2 worst pet shops/ aquariums with fish and reptile facilities are Mentone Aquarium and Passion For Pets.
Passion 4 pets eastern blueys had mites all over them and mentone aquariums setup sucks. About 30 blotched blueys were all in 1 tank, juvi's and adult's. Disgraceful. Some1 can easily becombe dinner their.
Also the ground coverage was green carpet, not even bloody kitty litter those poor @$$%*&^*&^ :evil:

raptor said:
two of the best in Melbourne are Bunarong Aquarium and Amazing Amazon,
Two of the worst areas are Springvale and Preston

I haven't been to Bunarong but I agree that Amazing Amazon is good. I was also pretty impressed by the service and cages at Upmarket Pets. Seemed to know what they were on about and when I called with a question about a gecko the guy I spoke to was happy to say "I have no clue let me get someone who can help you". I appreciated that.

It is a shame about the shop you mentioned in the preston. I will not name it but I can say that formerly (we are talking about 5 years ago) it was a very respectable shop and the employees were enthusiastic, knowledgeable and aged over 12.

The place was well set up, the monitor had more space, tanks were clean and the herps had adequate food and water. Now they're keeping massive turtles in tiny tubs in which they cant even turn around.

On a nicer note, Rayonne Aquarium in Preston is a fantastic place. He takes GREAT care of his fish - is honest and well priced. Unfortunately they dont have reptiles.

id also like to note that at a certain living jungle i visited there was a dead (long dead) juvie beardie in the bottom of the cage that no one had noticed....
disgusting

Pet stores can be pretty bad examples of how to keep your pets - even look at the little pens they have dogs in.
The worst bit is, inexperienced people will walk in to one of those stores and think that it's that it's ok to keep snakes in little cages or keep different types of things together, in unclean cages.
Pet stores dont have the room for everything - but i think its important that they explain how to properly care for animals when you get them home.
At the least animals should be feed and clean.

Yeah- we need to talk the Ravonne Aquarium people into selling herps- his fish are awesome.

Anyone wants to know that store, just PM me. I'm not going to put it out there in bright lights so that some moron lawyer can sue me. Could be that they had two turtles (some of the biggest FW tuyrtles I've ever seen) in a 3 (maybe 4?) foot aquarium and a BELLS lacie basking in it's own excrement.

I absolutely agree that if everyone who walked in that store called DSE, they'd be closed down now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back