House of Horror tonight!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

guzzo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
View attachment 194298

For the past two nights I have been wanting to get a pic of some frogs but all I have encountered has been toads and some stick creation and now this grizzly scene!!!! All that is missing is Geckomans Gregory and I swear I will never be able to sleep again!!!!!

EEEEEEWWWWWW....GROSS.
nothing more to say really,just thanks for tonights nightmare.love it when they book themselves in.hahahaha.what kind of spider is that?

View attachment 194298

For the past two nights I have been wanting to get a pic of some frogs but all I have encountered has been toads and some stick creation and now this grizzly scene!!!! All that is missing is Geckomans Gregory and I swear I will never be able to sleep again!!!!!

what an awesome yet terrifying picture!!! i think this guy even beats gregory... definately never going to sleep again!!

EEEEEEWWWWWW....GROSS.
nothing more to say really,just thanks for tonights nightmare.love it when they book themselves in.hahahaha.what kind of spider is that?

I know what you mean! It was myself I had to compose and not the photo. No idea what spider it is.

It is still sitting there.....I don't know about spiders but it looks like it is sucking out its insides.

Gregory probably made me feel more uneasy than any other bug I've seen! something so odd about his eyes!

quite a find you got there with the photo!

Gregory probably made me feel more uneasy than any other bug I've seen! something so odd about his eyes!

quite a find you got there with the photo!

I agree Gregory takes the cake......I am happy with the photo but was after a good frog shot......I can hear them croaking outside but I think I will quit while im ahead and call it a night

This spider is probably gregorys Sith apprentice like in Star Wars! This isn't good news.

Everything else aside it was a great photo oppertunity and makes you realise that even in our back yards when the sun goes down there is such an amazing hive of activity predators and prey....fantastic.

* For the record i did go back out to check on it and that bug appeared to be just a shell so i am sure that spider sucked it dry.....can anyone confirm if this is how they eat???? I always thought spiders wrapped up their prey! It was quite a big bug too - about 3cm

It depends on the spider, but most wrap their prey in threads for later; the way they eat is to inject toxins which basically turn the inside to slurry, then it's just insect/small animal smoothie for dinner. Nom nom nom...

It depends on the spider, but most wrap their prey in threads for later; the way they eat is to inject toxins which basically turn the inside to slurry, then it's just insect/small animal smoothie for dinner. Nom nom nom...

This one must have been hungry. It is interesting though any idea how long spiders live for? Very general question I know

Most live about a year. Bigger species like Tarantulas, however, can live to be 10 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back