Housing bearded dragons together?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stilts

Reaction score
I have an eastern bearded dragon and she is almost 2 years old now and has always lived on her own. Can I introduce a new dragon [around the same size and sex] into her cage or will they fight?

Also can easterns and centrals live together? <-- This may be a stupid question to ask, but I really don't know.

Cheers

Nope two species should NEVER be kept together. A golden rule.

You need to sex the new WD and it will depend on the size of enclosure as well...

Generaly recomended not to keep dragons in same enclosure, due to dominance issues.

Some people do keep a pair of females together, (usually that is done from a young age) but I would not take the risk.

i have 3 old ducks (all female) living together, 2 are 7 years old, 1 is 10. I think theyre past their hormonal stage, cos 1 of the 7 year olds was nasty when she was still younger,....(she still does get seperated at certain times of the year, but is currently ok in the old duck tank)

my younger girls are as bad as the boys, totally agressive and cage defensive, if any lizard approaches their enclosures, theyre off their rock, mouth open and ready to attack in no time,....

not worth the risk imo,....

i have 2 living 2gether guess it's trial or error if they get along although they have been raised 2gether from day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back