How high?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuscus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
In the ironically named sunshine coast, surrounded
I placed my yearling jungles in a large cage for the first time over the weekend and they spend thier quality time in the highest spots possible, which is a bit of a bummer as I can't see them. As a temp solution they are going to swap enclosures with my waters.
But I am thinking of building a tall enclosure, proberly about 1.2 wide , 400 cm deep and at least two meters high. A caged pig heater under a shelf to aim heat at a rock on the floor and a basking lamp aimed at a point about 1.6 off the ground will provide heat.
Can anyone see any problems that might occur?

LOL Sarah, well spotted :)
Not sure what a pig heater is Fuscy, unless it's my first wifes hot water bottle:)
Apart from the pig heater that sounds like an enclosure that will work well, you may need to play around with heater / thermostat positioning but once you get that right it should be great :) Let us know how ya go?

Fuscus,
I found with Jungles that the older they got the less time they spend up high, so what they need now might not be the same as when they are older.
I take it that the 400cm is a mistake? If it isn't then it might be a bit difficult to clean out especially if you have branches etc in there!
As Africa said, just play around with the thermostat positioning to get optimum temps, also two or three thermonitors at various heights!
Good luck with it.
Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back