How many Days, After pre lay shed???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saxon

Reaction score
This was brought up in the belly up thread, I thought it might be interesting to see on average how many days peoples pythons lay after prey lay shed

Usually 28-29 days, but temperature can play a part in this. I have found that diamonds kept outdoors can go as long as 32 days if the days/nights are cold and they just cant be bothered to emerge to get it off(even when the skin was ready to come off on the 28th day). However, if the days/nights were quite warm they will emerge at 28 days to shed.

I'd imagine this to be true of all python species, they're willing to prolong the days until their prelay shed if weather is a deterrent

depends what it is, as some go longer than others. on average,- 21 days to 35 days depending on species.

Friend just had a Darwin lay 40 days after prelay...go figure???

re How

I had a stimy that sloughed twice in 30 days for the prelay because it had been badly damaged from males attacking it,,a friend had the same with a mac. :D

zulu, one of them would of been a healing shed. When injured, snakes can pretty much keep going on to shed untill wound is healed enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back