how many defence force on this site

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see a couple of raafies on here. My father was an engine fitter before becoming a loadmaster. Spent a lot of my younger years at Richmond RAAF base (and some of my older years picking up my parents after dining in nights :) )

To this day, the Seargent's Mess on a dining in night is the only drinking I've ever seen that is on par with a university kegger :)

i've been accepted into the raaf yet still waiting for paperwork to be finalised....do i count?

Not much service in my family, although my grandfather was a Commando that served in New Guinea. Due to family fall outs I didn't know him or anything about his service. Shame.

You think the navy is hated.... I was training as an MP up untill about 3 weeks ago. :lol: Can we still be friends????;)

Damn Oxygen thief :lol::lol:

12 years RAA (dropshort, trail ape, nine mile sniper, what ever you prefer). Buggers gave me a MED4 a few years back :cry::cry::cry::cry:
Grandfather was an Aircraft mech in the RAAF
Uncle was in the British Comandos
Other uncle was Scots Guards
and a cousin was Royal Navy

yeah RAAF avionics techo right here cant wait to bust a move on out though. I've been trying to discharge since september and both the squadron CO and DPA in canberra think because i signed some contract thing they have a right to knock it back.

oh well such is life ay

and forensick i wouldnt say im right wing but the term nutjob suits fine. :D

the right wing nutjob was a joke... in reference to this being set up in response to the "left wing nutjob" thread. hence the emoticon thingamathing.

and yommy, certain events made me realise my own opinions and beliefs are more important to me than, well, "percieved greater good" (not meant to be insulting, words failing me here)
and as such i realised i couldn't join an organisation that would require me to set aside my own beliefs some/all of the time.
even in the regular world i leave jobs when workmates are ripped off with bad AWA's, or anything else. i don't see my income as greater than my beliefs/integrity.

that said i have respect for people (like raging lefty friends of mine in iraq [US]) who can set aside such things when needed.
---money is not and will never be considered "need", need in the armies case can be accepted as the overall good, being greater than the overall bad, which in the case of our armed forces, is more than true.

My granddad was an engineer in the English army and then transfered to a similar position in australia, you wont be seeing me in the forces though. Im too much of a uni student, left wing nutjob. I reckon the world is heading down a dangerouse path and us finanantially better off nations shouldnt be pointing guns in other peoples faces.

Ex Navy but spent 75% of my time with the Army, 12.5% with the Airforce and 12.5% with the Navy. Been a defence civilian, and now still with defence as a contractor. Whatever anyone says about the military, it does give you a sound footing in procuring a good job when you leave :)

I always used to laugh when I was with the Navy and wore Army uniforms. People didn't know what was happening when I saluted Navy style ;) And the right incline performed by the Airforce used to make me crack up..

You seem to forget that Navy is the senior service
Count me in Marne tech in the Navy

" That doesn't count your not even above navy... we hate them"

we have a mp in the house it is the dog.he patrols the house and back yard better than any mp could ever do (the snakes that they are).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back