How much do I feed a 1 year old beardie?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, gunna have to cut down their food. The male is going to be PISSED haha, cheeky bugger he is.

Does anyone do the "10 min rule" ie. let them eat as much as they can in 10 mins?
I know for sure mine would easy smash 50+ crickets each in that time. They finish their 15 or so each in about 2 mins flat

Wow, it's interesting reading how much more is involved in keeping lizards than snakes.

Yeah the most involved part with a snake is getting their habitat setup, the rest of the issues are really about the snakes personality and attitude regarding being handled etc. All this stuff about the vitamins and calcium and diet variation needs a lot more thought, I just never realised it was even an issue before now.

Yeah the most involved part with a snake is getting their habitat setup, the rest of the issues are really about the snakes personality and attitude regarding being handled etc. All this stuff about the vitamins and calcium and diet variation needs a lot more thought, I just never realised it was even an issue before now.
Doesnt it just make you want to keep some cute beardies? :p I have found keeping lizards MUCH more rewarding than keeping snakes. Mind you i love my snakes and would always keep them :)

You guy's make it all too complicated.
I only feed my central an all-in-one feed from Vetafarm.

Before work:
Pour feed into a dish, wet it, offer it.
After work:
take out dish, clean it. Done.

Occasionally I feed her a few dusted crix to give her something to chase.
But usually just once a month.

Thanks to everyone for the comments, I was wondering how do you know if a bearded dragon is overweight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back