how much is my beardie worth? help?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lene

Reaction score
i know alot of people trade herps, but i still feel awkward asking this question...
i have 2 bearded dragons that were bought seperately with intent to house together, once they reached a similar size. i thought i had a female and male, but no, turns out i have 2 males who dont want to get along. it is with much regret, but i decided i need to sell one as i dont have enough room for two enclosures of lone lizards.
i met a guy today at the reptile shop who said he might be interested in adding my little guy to his colony. it makes me feel better knowing it goes to someone who has beardies. but he wants me to name a price, and i just dont want to be taken advantage of. i never intended on selling any of my babies, so have no clue how much they would be worth.
so after all that, heres a pic of Dukky, my 18 month old male eastern bearded dragon. any ideas on what price i should ask? i was thinking $100?

he is a good looker! WHy don't you try and trade instead of selling him?

but as for what he's worth i don't know sorry.

he is beautiful isnt he, and a great personality to match. i only bought a new coastal last week, dont really have the room or want for anything new. i need to sell him to make room :(

I saw an adult beardie in our local pet shop up here and i think he was around the $160 mark. But yours is much better loking than that one.

im not shaw what the going price is now but about there years ago i yous to buy males like that for arond $60.
but you should try and sell him for $100 as if you dont get that you can always come down in price if you have too.

Well I wish you were here in Adelaide!

He looks wonderful!

One like that in the petshop here runs for 200 or a bit more, if you can get them!!

I would have it off you but your in vic :-(

$100 is fare for him but you should trade him for a girl if this bloke has a colony he should have a spare female

And your bearded looks to me like a Pogona vitticeps (central bearded dragon) Eastern bearded dragons are Pogona babata
and if it is a eastern bearded thay are worth a lot less on the market. you may be looking at $50 to $60 for him

looks like a central to me and about 80-100 imo

interesting..well i paid $60 for him as a tiny baby last christmas, and labeled as an eastern, but he is very yellow.
in the shop i was at the males were selling for $180.
am i stupid, i honestly never thought about trading for a female (since thats what i originally planned on having) but females are worth more than males right?
thanks too for replies

Re: RE: how much is my beardie worth? help?

Lene said:
interesting..well i paid $60 for him as a tiny baby last christmas, and labeled as an eastern, but he is very yellow.
in the shop i was at the males were selling for $180.
am i stupid, i honestly never thought about trading for a female (since thats what i originally planned on having) but females are worth more than males right?
thanks too for replies

last season i sold all my hatchling from very high yellow adults at $30each or $50 for 2.adult male ones are to common.

and dont worry about pet shop prices other wise every one could sell hatchling costals for $300.(the good old days).

but some one will swap you as a lot of herpers out there have 2 females or 2 males.so i would try that if it was me.or sell for $100.

females are only worth more if you have a male, but somebody that has a couple females
and is looking for a male will think the male is worth more, i'd try for a swap or be asking
about the $100.00 to $150.00 for him,

cheers,
steve.............

Very goodlooking fellow as to what he is worth as much as anyone is prepared to pay$60 up $150

Babata and Vitticeps

here are just a cople of pics of a vitticeps and a babata you should beable to see the difference between them

RE: Babata and Vitticeps

thankyou so much for that! ok i have centrals, both of them by the looks of that.
im a bit embarassed, but its nice to know, finally.

thanks everyone for their help.
$100 seems to be the agreed price.
he is very friendly, ill be sad to see him go, but at least he will have new mates to play with.
and alumba, ill try to make it only 1 mistake ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back