how much

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tszue

Reaction score
hi everyone i was just wondering how much a 1 to 2 metre taim scrubby woud
be. i want to get a juvi scrubby handle it all the time and then sell it for a bit of money. thanks

around $500 considering your only 12 i would not recomend a scrub to you. If you want money why not but a pair of childrens/carpet pythons or dragons and breed them.

What reptiles do you have already?

i live in noosa qld and tszue is my snakes name. i only have one python and i know how aggresive scrub pythons are but thats why i will sell them when it's only 1 to 2 metres long so it cant hurt me to much. enyway you dont really get to much for childrens pythons and im not really into dragons i think their cool and everything but they dont grow very big and their not really worth much either.

Tszue...I assume you want to do this with a scrubby because you are trying to make money off it?

I can tell you that that won't work, scrubbies as hatchlings would be around the same price as a 1-2 year old scrub these days.

I personally also think that that is a bad bad reason for getting a snake, but particularly a scrubbie.

We sell hatchlings snakes and I can only speak for us that we wouldn't sell a scrub python to an inexperienced keeper nor a child, nor would we sell any young python that was going to a home only for the purpose of having a year then sending on (this happens anyway at times but it is a bad reason to just want to get a snake to sell later on to make money from in my opinion). And no snake-respecting breeder would sell you a scrub python.

The best reason to get a snake is because you want one as a pet, and as you know a scrubby isn't suitable for you or any young child.

Mate, stick to the others and these days, honestly, unless you have something unusual, it's very hard to make more money that what you spend out of reptiles.

i will sell them when it's only 1 to 2 metres long so it cant hurt me to much. enyway you dont really get to much for childrens pythons and im not really into dragons i think their cool and everything but they dont grow very big and their not really worth much either.

Firstly im pretty sure this will be edited if not deleted but this is the kind ov thing that is alarming about the hobby, people trying to get into it only to try and make money from the animals, besides that if any thought was given then you would realise that you wont make much money because the scrubby will eat a fair bit adding onto the cost of the snake thus in the end not making you much of a profit where as breeding snakes (given that the clutch is a nice size and a high percentage ov the eggs hatch will return alot more both financially and in experience.
Secondly you said you wouldnt like a childrensand scrubbed the idea of beardeds because they dont grow very big yet youwould sell the scrubby at 1 or 2 metres in length? yes....because that makes alot of sense

your right i was thinking of making a bit of money and i thought that if i could
spend 24 7 with him she would be fully taimed and not aggressive. i thought it would be a good opportunity to benifit from my hard work and have a good snake. thanks heaps for your view on it cause i neva thought of it like that.
cheers

by the way i do have a python of my own and i love here very much and i wouldent sell her for nothin.

good point man im only 12 still on my l plates. lol :D

tszue said:
your right i was thinking of making a bit of money and i thought that if i could
spend 24 7 with him she would be fully taimed and not aggressive. i thought it would be a good opportunity to benifit from my hard work and have a good snake. thanks heaps for your view on it cause i neva thought of it like that.
cheers

I can see why you thought of that idea...my scrubbie is a nasty thing now, but I regularly handled him when he was younger and it really didn't make any difference, he got to a certain age and size and just turned food oriented..which meant everything, including me, was worth a bite.

We breed quite a few snakes every season and don't make any money, in fact some years we are in the red with feeding and electricity and caging costs. In my opinion it's just not a hobby you can make money out of anymore unless you have something unusual. The best reason to keep snakes is because you love snakes ;) Lots of people are getting into it for the purpose of making a quick dollar these days, and I'll bet they realize pretty quickly that it's just not like that.

Stick with your boxing if you want to make money, that will have more chance than taming scrubbies ;)

What snake do you actually want to get, just to have as a pet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back