how to breed woodies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont do it! Just purchase from pet shop. We had one woodie escape now we cannot get rid of them they are everywhere

checkout here:

There are many sources on the web for this information. This one is good: Cockroaches - Live Foods. I bought 2000 mixed for a 90l container. Glueing the mosquito wire (aluminium wire) with a soldering iron was easier and more effective than I expected. If you are in a cold climate like we are you will need a good heat source or they won't breed. I am using heat cord because I had one.

Cheers Paul

Dont do it! Just purchase from pet shop. We had one woodie escape now we cannot get rid of them they are everywhere

That 'One' would of had to of been a pregnant female and then waited 3 months for them to all grow up together and mate again etc...
Likely that 'Many' escaped and/or you already had cockroaches at home and didn't realise :)

I've had heaps escape and i find them randomly in my sock draw or in my cupboard, and they go strait into the tank for munching on by my dragons :) No more escapees now since i triple layered the tubs with Fluon :)

Large plastic tub
Fluron
Heat pad
dry cat food plus a carrot or misting for moisture.
Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back