How to get a class1 License?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macee

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Don't yell at me I just got into this :p.

But seriously how would i obtain a license in Victoria? is the test hard and how much does it cost. and where would I go?

I believe that I can pass the test, as i do know a little about snakes.

i.e. there enclosure shouldn't be smaller than 2/3 of the snakes length.
Feed them once every week or fortnight depending on the size of the meal/snake.
make sure that the enclosure is between 24 and 28 degrees.

LOLS, theres no teast you fill out a form, send it pay, and you'll most proably get it.
Go to www.dse.vic.gov.au go into "plants and animals" then "forms" and "application for private wildlife licese" Pricing is on the form.

So they just let anyone get one :S

But Thanks man! this has helped alot.

Macee it is good to see your attitude towards needing husbandry knowledge before getting a reptile licence. It's funny how we totally accept needing skills to get a car licence, boat licence, gun licence etc but seem to feel it is our God given right to have a herp licece even if we know nothing about them at all.

I think it would be a great idea to introduce a qualification to get a herp licence.

:lol: Oh yes, we have strict licensing laws down here! :lol: If you want to keep an inland taipan, pay the cash and you're set - no experience needed to get an advanced license, just pay the money! (this seriously needs amending!) :|

At least a potential Ven keeper (or advanced license holder) needs some recommendations from a few other advanced license holders in NSW to obtain the right paperwork. I'm baffled as to how easy we have it here in Vic.

Macee it is good to see your attitude towards needing husbandry knowledge before getting a reptile licence. It's funny how we totally accept needing skills to get a car licence, boat licence, gun licence etc but seem to feel it is our God given right to have a herp licece even if we know nothing about them at all.

I think it would be a great idea to introduce a qualification to get a herp licence.

couldn't agree more .......

So its basically another way for the government to make money... Cause that kinda contradicts the whole point of a license. really stupid imo, anyway my mum says if i get a good term report I can get one (thank got its only an 8 week term :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back