How to post a thread, conversations (PMs), and attaching images

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Python

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
This is mostly for new members or members that have not experienced Xenforo s/w before.

1. To make a new post, look at the list of forums and pick the one that best fits the topic of your post. Click on that title.

2. Once you have clicked on the forum title, you will see a list of current threads. At the top is a blank title area and it will have "Thread Title" in faint letters. Click on it.

1634580725008.png

3. You can click on that Thread Title and that will allow you to fill in the Title area and will make the large message area box open.

OR

You can use the Post Thread button (2) and it will open for you to fill in the thread title and body. Then you'll click on Post Thread button that is on the lower right side of the message box.

How to send a Private Message called a Conversation on this software.

1. You can click on their Avatar and a box will open and at the bottom of it, you'll see "Start Conversation"

1634580948765.png

2. Click on the Start Conversation, below is what you will see. As you can see the name from the Avatar is filled in at the TO: box. You will need to fill in the title and message. Please do not click the lock conversation as no one can reply to a message with that clicked.
When done, click the Start Conversation button.

1634581017455.png

Attachments

• 1634580990219.png
    1634580990219.png
    263.6 KB · Views: 103
When you receive a conversation/PM and want to delete it, it does not do an actual delete - you leave the conversation.

1634581160956.png

Once you leave the conversation you have a choice to see it again if someone replies, or do not accept any new replies.

1634581189738.png

Last thing is to click on the Leave button.

PS: If all members of a conversation leave, the conversation/pm goes away./ deleted.

How to add an Image to your post/conversation

When you want to add an image/file to a post/conversation you have 3 ways of doing it.
1. Click on the attach files button on the lower left side of the post. That will take you to the gallery on your phone or computer.
2. Choose your image and upload and you'll see a thumbnail with Insert or a trash can. The Insert will open and show Thumbnail or Full. I usually use Full.

1634581283167.png

The trash can will delete it.

Here is is at full size. You will need to have your cursor where you wish the image to show.

Prospect rock fence and tree.jpg

Second way to have an image in your post is to right click copy and paste.

Start/open your message area for the post.
I like Black Hills gold so I use this image that I right click copied and will now paste below.

1634581401119.png

The third way and the one I use the least is by using the icon on the control bar of the message post.

1634581449192.png

1634581469121.png
1634581484949.png

Those are the two options when you click on the icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back