"Hows Boris?", I hear you ask!

• Thread starter imported_Varanus
  • Start date
Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_Varanus

Here he is, just does his own thing,including wandering around the enclosed backyard on sunny days. Rolls in the mud, goes nuts under the hose and falls asleep in the sun like all old men should:)!

I'm reluctant to comment any further on his future, however, as it appears he may have fewer options than I had originally hoped:(!

Many interested locals and my wildlife group may be starting the "Save Boris campaign"; he's been in the local paper already, but that's all I can say at this stage, so please don't ask, as it may predujice his case.

Attachments

• Boris, again! 001 [1600x1200].jpg
    Boris, again! 001 [1600x1200].jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 165
  • Boris, again! 005 [1600x1200].jpg
    Boris, again! 005 [1600x1200].jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 168
  • And again 002 [1600x1200].jpg
    And again 002 [1600x1200].jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 158
  • And again 003 [1600x1200].jpg
    And again 003 [1600x1200].jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 176
  • Boris and Jipp- feed 009 [1600x1200].jpg
    Boris and Jipp- feed 009 [1600x1200].jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 160
  • Boris drinking 002 [1600x1200].jpg
    Boris drinking 002 [1600x1200].jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 167
He is gorgeous & looking SO much happier & healthier then earlier on!! Goodluck with whatever is happening now, i really hope this boy gets to live out his years the best way possible!!

Oh & if the Save Borris Campaign goes ahead, please let us know, id love to give my support!

I do hope he makes a recovery and he looks a lot better than when I first saw the ppictures of him, lets hope he keeps getting and is able to live a long, happy life. The save borris campaign reminds me of 'save ferris' ,but keep us posted and I hope it all goes to plan.

Local support has really caught me unaware, here I was thinking most peole up here believe the only good reptile is a dead reptile and all the closet Lacie lovers pop out of the woodwork:)! Though that may just be Boris's charisma:)!!

Good on ya mate, I love seeing people helping reptiles in need.

Maybe we should start a "make a wish foundation" for reptiles in need?
I'm sure Boris and Lacy (my MBD Lacie) would love to go to Disney World :)

Good on ya mate, I love seeing people helping reptiles in need.

Maybe we should start a "make a wish foundation" for reptiles in need?
I'm sure Boris and Lacy (my MBD Lacie) would love to go to Disney World :)

If i wear a Lacie suit can i come too?? :p

Sure, we'll just say you fell from a very high tree, into oncoming traffic, and that's why you look so strange compared to the other lacies :)

I can live with that! Ive been called worse things then 'strange' :p

IV, he's looking really, really good. What a kickass job you've been doing!!

Mate I have max respect for you helping that old fella. Whatever the outcome bro you are a Man of Good Works. You are welcome anytime.

Thanks All:)! I'd like to take credit, but all I do is feed, water, house and supervise, he does all the big stuff himself. No one can tell me he has no "quality of life", though. I'm sure he'd rather be alive than dead, anyway.

Strangely, if it were any other native animal, I'd probably have no qualms, but these guys are something else!

BTW, he can now see out of both eyes to some degree(that red eyeball in the drinking pic now has a visible pupil (?)), at least enough to follow my movement:)!

man i want a lacie, that 3rd photo is tops. many people have lacies that are placid and relaxed around humans..? thats to cool he likes to play under the sprinkler

Last edited:
man i want a lacie, that 3rd photo is tops. many people have lacies that are placid and relaxed around humans..? thats to cool he likes to play under the sprinkler

Don't know if he "likes to play", he just does it:)! They can be very relaxed (and relaxing), but I've been plesantly suprised with Boris, given he's only a few months out of the bush, though he was VERY defensive in those first few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back