huge new lizard pit :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

miss2

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
ok so the chooks got a brand spanking new run which means i can have the old chook pen for my lizards :)
this pen is massive and is taking for ever to clean up but i have now started! i will post some pics as i work my way through making it suitable :)
wondering what ratio;s and substrates to use?
i was thinking of having 1 cubic meters of sand in there, mulch or shavings of some description and straw.
it also has a 1m by 1m enclosed area in it for the chooks to lay and roost so was thinking of filling that with straw and boxes for winter?
any tips advice ANYTHING would be great as i havent done one this big before :)
oh and could i possibly have a beardie in there with them? its certainly big enough :)

Big perentie pit, then you can also keep chooks in there ;)

i dont know what that is scorps?? :oops: lol

oh and just found out its 8x2meters :)

re huge

ok so the chooks got a brand spanking new run which means i can have the old chook pen for my lizards :)
this pen is massive and is taking for ever to clean up but i have now started! i will post some pics as i work my way through making it suitable :)
wondering what ratio;s and substrates to use?
i was thinking of having 1 cubic meters of sand in there, mulch or shavings of some description and straw.
it also has a 1m by 1m enclosed area in it for the chooks to lay and roost so was thinking of filling that with straw and boxes for winter?
any tips advice ANYTHING would be great as i havent done one this big before :)
oh and could i possibly have a beardie in there with them? its certainly big enough :)

The pen ive been using for several years is 6 ms x 2 Ms bird wire to the bottom,the advantage of these type is that water runs through the wire for drainage,lizards rarely rub their noses unless you have all males or wild caughts.
You need an area thats biult up somewhere where you can put the hides,problem that you will find with sand is that it sucks up water,compacted soil of some type is better with a thick layer of dry grass or something similar under the hides.

i would either set up a great turtle environment or a monitor pit.

Hey Georgie..... does this area have cover from the top ?? or do you plan on covering it ?? I personally would not be comfortable with the enclosure if birds or cats could get in to it...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back