Humane

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are allowed to feed live if the snake won't take dead/frozen and the snake is in peril due to this
Try all options first before using that method ...seen some brutal ,horrific things done to snakes ,by rodents left live in the enclosure...

Try all options first before using that method ...seen some brutal ,horrific things done to snakes ,by rodents left live in the enclosure...

Yes like this:shock:

Attachments

• MOBILE 379.jpg
    MOBILE 379.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 41
WHY is this subject always an issue?
If you cant euth yourself and are happy buying frozen from a pet store good for you ..
If your able to cull your own and breed your own once again good for you ...
You that support the already frozen business ,shouldnt be judging the likes of Us that do it ourselves..
There are many reasons that some ,like myself ,choose to do it ...
I live in the bush ,and dont have a petshop on hand ..when I go into a big town to do shopping ..half the time the two petshops that are there ,dont have any frozen in stock ..or not the right size..So after a bit of being stuffed around ..I ended up breeding myself ..I only have a small rat/guineapig setup , so I clunk them as needed ..
If you find it disturbing and would rather not think about the dead frozen ones you have purchased,on how they were before coming to an end ..thats fine but dont kid yourself you are any better then the ones that do the deed personally .

agree 110%
cheers
mel

If i was a rat id rather be snake food than tested for human research in a lab. I buy from pet shops now but when i did breed my own i would ding them infact the petshop i buy from dings them on the head to ( you can tell cos some have blood noses) Its quick painless if done right (hard and fast) I would hate to be gassed seems to be longer i would hate to run out of air and suffocate.
It does seem mean and you do feel cruel when you first do it but we eat meat to we eat cattle sheep etc but dont seem to associate their death because they end up in packaging from the supermarket. Its cheaper to breed your own also i know what i feed the food and how they are kept (i like them to have a nice life before they are eaten). But now i live in the city i have to buy it from shop. One last point i talked to an ex pet shop owner who lived remote and they said they got the rats shipped from sydney to the NT by the time they got there on connecting flights etc sometimes (they said sometimes and this i hope) The cargo thawed out was hot and had to be re frozen which is NOT GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back