Hybrid animals!! (NOT PHOTOSHOPPED)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wolphin is actually real as it's at Sea Life Park in Hawaii (returned from there in Oct) and amazingly enough Kekaimalu who was born in 1985 to a false killer whale x atlantic bottlenose has since produced offspring which has gone against the rule that hybrids are sterile. She is huge and gorgeous!!

so i wonder if that means the liger could have baby liger pups ( if i had the space and lived in the US i would pay a road train full of money for one they are a comination of both my favorite big cats...lions and tigers. the markings are remarkable and simply gorgeous

so i wonder if that means the liger could have baby liger pups ( if i had the space and lived in the US i would pay a road train full of money for one they are a comination of both my favorite big cats...lions and tigers. the markings are remarkable and simply gorgeous
Lions and Tigers are beautiful as they are and more money should be invested into breeding the tiger and lions themselves not the hybrids. Yes it is amazing but as far as conservation goes its just stupid. A female Liger cannot breed with a male liger as the males are infertile they can however breed with other big cats. In one incidence a tigon was bred with a tiger the offspring was named a Ti-tigon.

Apparently zonkeys are common in africa where donkeys interact with wild zebra

Im not entirely sure about the grizzly/polar bear thing, I just really don't think that could happen :S
I worked at NZA in Canberra, we had tigons. They only recently died in the past few years after I left, they were soooo old, even for captive cats. They were taken in from a circus, where they were a total accident, concieved through a chain link fence. At least that's the story we were told, seems the circus may have been a bit dodgy, who knows what the case may be.
The tigons were adorable. Sometimes they would like water like the tigers and other times hate it like the lions. And their noises were a mix of the two depending how they felt. I miss them <3

And all this about the earth not being cold enough for mammoths...haven't any of you seen 10,000BC? Mammoths helped build the pyramids of egypt. HAHAHAHAHA worst movie ever.

there are a number of reptile hybrids in Australia including:

Stephen's Banded X Broad Headed Snakes
Collett's X Spotted Black snakes
Carpets x Scrubbies
Carpet X Water Pythons
Eastern X Blotched Blue Tongues
Blotched X Shinglebacks
Eastern Blue Tongues X Shinglebacks
Eastern X Central Beardeds
x each way maccies, childrens and Stimmies
Waters X Olives

with more amphibians

Cheers,
Scott

Wow, nice photoshop job there.

HAHAHA!!! too right mate, some of them are fairly convincing but the zorse couldnt look more fake. also, im pretty sure the last one is just an over-weight polar bear!! haha!!

Cool, it reminds me about a news article i read the other day about Chinese Scientists who are trying to clone a Woolly Mammoth, it will be interesting to see how that turns out if it works.

this reminds me of when I was in year 12 (2009) and there being a newspaper article about the Chinese successfully splicing human DNA with Rabbit DNA?!! I can't remember the entire story, but at the time I couldn't decide if that was exciting or horrifying! a mixture of the two I suppose...

mammoth could live in around 20deg weather they only dieded out because of the loss of trees that they feed on. globe warming turned the semi forests areas from which they feed into open grass lands so i dont think heat would be a real problem that would be trying to breed them from clones or making copys of copys

mammoth could live in around 20deg weather they only dieded out because of the loss of trees that they feed on. globe warming turned the semi forests areas from which they feed into open grass lands so i dont think heat would be a real problem that would be trying to breed them from clones or making copys of copys
That and people killing them for food. Same goes for the dodo it was easy prey for us people. The mammoth was harder to take down but way more reward.

Its not ethical on a conversational level. Bringing back the mammoth may lead to dinosaurs now as cool as that would be there is no way Sam Neil has it in him to take them down when they get out again.

Mammoth Fur would go great on the market. Just like the zoo sells panda poo.

That and people killing them for food. Same goes for the dodo it was easy prey for us people. The mammoth was harder to take down but way more reward.

how could i foget about the killing thing haha.... durp. i would pay anymoney (if i had some) for a mammoth skin haha

Very interesting pics Ive heard of thr liger they grow much larger than normal tigers the zorse looks good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back