I am horrified

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a read of this .
http://www.rspca.org.au/campaign/fairgo.asp
. this is some of the things going on in Australia, and its the meat that most people buy.
I'm not a vegetarian, but i do believe there is humane ways of doing things..
These animals would have so much bad energy running through their body, imagine what its doin to our bodies?
I have found a couple of butchers who have freerange/organic meat, just ask around

i signed away! i know ppl have advised not to watch the video but i did. i can usually handle watching bad things but that has got to be the worst thing i have ever seen. i was not only almost in tears but i literally felt sick seeing that. so so wrong what they do!

I have found a couple of butchers who have freerange/organic meat, just ask around

I can't go into too much detail, but can I just say that if you are going organic anything, make sure it is certified organic and the certification body's name is on the product.

There is no legislation in Australia that deals with the definition of 'organic', there is legislation that is administered by AQIS in regards to the export of organic foods, but not for the domestic market.

There are 7 Australian organic certification bodies (whose standards are based on the AQIS export standards), look for their name/logo on any organic product you purchase:

ACO - Australian Certified Organic
BFA/OFC - Biological Farmers Assn/Organic Food Chain
SFQ - Safe Food Queensland
NASAA
Demeter Bio-Dynamic Research Institute
OGA - Organic Growers of Australia
TOP - Tasmanian Organic-Dynamic Producers

Is it worth buying certified organic products, IMO -YES

I disagree. If we stand by and do nothing when we know what's happening, then we are almost as bad as they are. History has shown that when other countries get involved positive changes can be made.

If trade sanctions were imposed on China then it would hurt them financially and it might influence their decision making when it comes to allowing cruelty to animals. I thought the world learned a lesson about turning a blind eye with the holocaust. We have a duty to the animals of the world to stand up and protest cruelty issues.
The answer is do nothing...Dont buy the meat dont buy the fur...Dont buy anything That's produced in this manner, the other problem is knowing What is produced via this method.

We can't even do anything about the human rights abuse that China enacts daily to its citizens and neighboring countries, what hope do we have to save the fluffy little animals?

signed, i could not bear to watch the whole video but .I usually have a very strong stomach.(not in this case ) it is sickening to say the least.

Public awareness brought about like this is the answer snakeman, and not buying ANYTHING with fur is the way to go! as I said in a previous reply, take away the demand, then there's no market for it!

The answer is do nothing...Dont buy the meat dont buy the fur...Dont buy anything That's produced in this manner, the other problem is knowing What is produced via this method.

i started wtching it but had to stop it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay disquisting and too cruel for my likings im crying now :( but petition is signed :)

Signed.... "humans" have a lot to answer for over the treatment of animals on this planet...:(

I tried to watch this twice but I could not, I feel completely unhelpful my little signature will not end this suffering. I would say the people doing this deserve the same to be done to them but the fact is No animal should have to suffer in this way.

Signed....theres nothing that these chinese dont eat...
They dont eat fortune cookies or cheese, and they have only recently
started to eat beef.
Lots of good chinese over there fighting the good fight as well,
so it's not ALL chinese that use these inhumane methods.

There is so much miss-information here and some comments could be taken as simple racism.

so where was your petiton to stop the poor chinese people getting thrown out of the only home they had ? oh thats right wasnt much video footage so as usual swept under the mat ...........animals are abused that is true BUT humans are abused as well ..........any of you support BARNADOS or WOMENS REFUGES or HOMELESS MEN in our own COUNTRY?........anyone adopted a pensioner ? well you sleep well saving over seas animals and over seas kiddies ......when charity should begin at home.....

so where was your petiton to stop the poor chinese people getting thrown out of the only home they had ? oh thats right wasnt much video footage so as usual swept under the mat ...........animals are abused that is true BUT humans are abused as well ..........any of you support BARNADOS or WOMENS REFUGES or HOMELESS MEN in our own COUNTRY?........anyone adopted a pensioner ? well you sleep well saving over seas animals and over seas kiddies ......when charity should begin at home.....

As I said on another thread, our own countries people have a government that CAN do something for them, and people at liberty to speak out on their behalf, a lot of kids in the world subsist in countries whose government WON'T do anything, and it's people are too scared to stand up for their OWN rights, let alone the kids.

(and incidentally, I'm on a pension, hubby's retired, anyone in for adoption???)

As for the publicity, I was looking through groups on facebook this morning, when I came across this site, in shock, and horror, I posted the initial article.
This was not publicised, evan as much as the people put out of their homes, but I found it, and am prepared to speak out about it. Where were youwhen the homelessness was going on and being publicised.
(I never watched anything about China because of it's human rights policies, and the trouble in Tibet.......never suported the olympics in ANY way, even to the poing of not watching it. I just had no interest and was disappointed at the hypocrisy of those who did suport it) Now I suppose someone will condemn me for not being patriotic????

Watch the video, if you dare redbellybite, THEN tell me your feelings on THIS subject

What really gets under your skin enough to make you want to either go out there, roll up the sleeves and DO something, or dig into the pockets to help???

Or has the apathy set in enough that some can sit and just criticize those who do speak out?

My original post here was a plea to those who REALLY care to look into the site, and just type their name on a petition to try to stop an injustice, not to go out and save the world in one day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back