I eat roadkill

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe not Nighthawk, most busy mothers would probably eat anything without asking what it was as long as they didn't have to cook that night ;)

Oh yes, snakeynewbie... yes yes yes. The most delicious spice to any meal for a busy mum is knowing you didn't have to make it! The best dessert is someone else doing the dishes, too :D

Oh yes, snakeynewbie... yes yes yes. The most delicious spice to any meal for a busy mum is knowing you didn't have to make it! The best dessert is someone else doing the dishes, too :D
You would love me then, I do ALL the cooking and the kitchen cleaning ( with the help of my wife's enemy - the dishwasher ). Don't do roadkill - so far

Last edited:
You would love me then, I do ALL the cooking and the kitchen cleaning ( with the help of my wife's enemy - the dishwasher ). Don't do roadkill - so far

Are you available for husband training? I've read all the books but nothing seems to work, even positive reinforcement and hubbie treats failed me...

Reminds me of a backpacker tour guide in kakadu who cooked up a roadkill roo for his tour group.......he and half the group spent the night up at the medical centre.

Would be fine if was really fresh!

Yeah I take them for the dingos to eat sometimes but I won't touch them unless I know for sure when they've been killed. Our local NANA guy puts his initials on any he checks and if I call him he'll tell me when it was hit.

I once found an entire dingo skeleton that had been squashed into bitumen in the middle of the Attack Ck bridge, just north of Tenant Ck. NT.

It was one of the most beautiful and poignant fossils I've ever seen.

I no longer have the negative. Although I do have a yellowed a4 photocopy of a print.
Scan the print and share it mate, Id love to see it.

Scan the print and share it mate, Id love to see it.

Getting a bit 'divide by zero' there lmao; a scan of a photocopy of a print from a negative. Process it a few more times and you may just be able to see the original dingo as a pup ;)

Totally do it though, I'd like to see that too!

I saw a tracking video with Kalahri bushman on it ( good dvd). They find cats eating deer and scare them away from it for themselves (fresh kill) as well as vultures picking at a festy looking corpse and eat that as well, raw too. ( if memory serves me correctly it had been there about 2 weeks)

Last edited:
I honestly think that sometimes the meat we buy has been through worse stuff than this roadkill. It makes me wonder how long it has taken for the meat we buy to get from being alive and well (or not) to our plates. Whereas this man, probably knows his stuff by now, is eating rather fresh, natural and healthy meat. And he knows exactly what is going into his food.
I think that for someone to be brave enough to gather, prepare, cook and eat their own meat is very brave and resourceful
:)
Good on him.

Meat is meat. Doesn't matter how it came about really, does it!! Though I don't think I'd partake in a meal of Fox :)

I personally believe butchering and preparing animals for meat and growing/harvesting veg should be taught in schools. Todays society is heavily lacking in any basic skills.

Can you imagine how long most young people nowadays would last without a shop to buy from! I would have thought I'd struggle even myself and I had a pretty out bush upbringing(no killing and butchering of meat though) but managed to kill my first chook a little while back, it's quite an empowering feeling(and not in a creepy way :p ) to know that if you needed to be you could be relatively self sufficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back