Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bax155

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Thought I would share the herps I've found and photographed since the weather has started warming up, been noticing them emerging since early September but conditions are still not optimum at the moment, I would like less rain and more heat personally!!
I'll post images of order found and supply any info regarding pictures above the picture.
Cheers,
Baxter..

1st herp of the season, Eastern Bearded Dragon - Pogona barbata
Found entering our property near Singleton.
ebd01.jpg

DSC05763.jpg

DSC05769.jpg

Eastern Water Dragon - Physignathus lesueurii
These guys are plentiful on our property but are very flighty making them a hard species to get good shots of!
DSC05772.jpg

Broad Palmed Frog - Litoria latopalmata
I find plenty of these on the property although this one was the first decent sized one I've found, measuring around 50mm SVL.
DSC05722.jpg

Red-bellied Black Snake - Pseudechis porphyriacus
This guy disturbed me whilst working in my shed, could not get him outside for better shots unfortunately, saw him two days later trying to get into my rodent shed. Not as good looking as one I saw the week before as it had lots of skin worms and ticks, length was probably just shy of 5ft.
DSC06057.jpg

DSC06058.jpg

DSC06061.jpg

Next series of pictures are from a night of testing a new torch, all pictures are taken around the creek that flows through the backyard, or on plants around our house.

Eastern Dwarf Tree Frog - Litoria fallax
DSC06100.jpg

DSC06158.jpg

DSC06154.jpg

Stoney Creek Frog - Litoria wilcoxi
DSC06136.jpg

DSC06143.jpg

and finally some type of trap door spider that would not come back out for a photo!
DSC06120.jpg

Eastern Brown Snake - Pseudonaja textilis
This brown was in my front garden and measured just shy of 6ft, it was found 10 minutes after the RBBS tried to get into my rat room.
Unfortunately pictures contain fluff from my dogs bed that they decided to rip up!
DSC06080.jpg

DSC06078.jpg

DSC06071.jpg

DSC06070.jpg

The next series is from a night trip we did to the mid-north coast of NSW, the rain would not let up and temperatures were cool so we did not find the species we were after but did find some cool herps all the same!

Small-eyed Snake - Cryptophis nigrescens
Did not have the camera set up right before this little one was found so did not get the greatest shot.
DSC06175.jpg

Flat Rock Spider
DSC06177.jpg

Red-eyed Tree Frog - Litoria chloris
DSC06195.jpg

Tyler's Tree Frog - Litoria tyleri
DSC06201.jpg

Huntsman
DSC06207.jpg

and last but not least..
Northern Leaf-tailed Gecko - Saltuarius moritzi
DSC06229.jpg

DSC06225.jpg

DSC06208.jpg

Big thanx to Ryan Harvey for taking me herping on the mid-north coast, I know you can't comment mate as your currently suspended but thanks anyways champion!!

Nice pics love your work,
Keep it up great to see

Hey BAx should try going for a run out along Reedy creek theres been quite afew reptiles out there, but i guess thats why the locals call it gods country.

Hey BAx should try going for a run out along Reedy creek theres been quite afew reptiles out there, but i guess thats why the locals call it gods country.
MMM I only live 10 minutes from ther might have to take a look, been busy lately with the arrival of my 2nd son, but should have some time soon and the weathers getting better and better!!
Where you from Lplater?

im further up the Valley but the parents live out at Mirannie and i spend every day not at work out there doing all the slave labour for them ;)

im further up the Valley but the parents live out at Mirannie and i spend every day not at work out there doing all the slave labour for them ;)
Nice I'm not far from there at all!
What species do you come across there?

Mainly eb, rbb, beardy, and lots of ewd oh and the very odd bluey, got a nice rbb out from dads car about two weeks ago, he wasnt to happy as it was nice and warm in there.

Yeah there not real common but they do stand out a mile away when the headlights hit them. There a fascinating snake to watch the behaviour of.

Great pics all good finds how well camoflaged is the geko amazing

Nice pics, good that the brown snake didnt kill your dog either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back