I got it.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpentes_15

Reaction score
Today i got my first herp. She's a beautiful, 50-60cm, yearling, MD python. (Morelia Spilota Metcalfei). I wont have pics until tomorrow though:(. I still haven't named her yet. I can't pick one that does her justice.
I'd like to give Totally Reptiles in Rosanna a big wrap for what appears to be a very healthy snake so far. Their shop was clean. The animals were all happy and healthy looking. The reptile housing was clean. The people there were very helpfull and gave me all the information i needed. BIG THANKS!
My girl last fed on 26th September. So far she has explored the entire tank (12mm glass so dont worry. Holds heat well) and appears to be thermoregulating happilly and moving about where she pleases. She even climbs the probe for the themostat lol. I was wondring when i should try offering her a pinkie in her new home and at what time of day is this best to do? I thought when It's warmest for her to digest properly. Also how long does digestion take.

Please everyone with two bob to put in is welcome. I reallly want to hear about peoples opinions. Also This baby needs a name.

Thanks in advance. The only downside is i missed most of Lowndes' fantastic win at Bathurst.

Serpentes_15

Let her settle for a week without trying to disturb her to much (will probably be to hard to do it that long lol, i know i cudnt :p) Then offer her a pinkie, i always feed my stimmie at night sumtime, has never refused a feed :) Depending on the snake digestion takes around 3-4 days given enough theres enough heat.

Cant help on the name side of things lol, im barely able to think of names for my reps myself :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back