I got ripped off. My gtp is yellow?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gongrats mate. lol

Glad you like him, I like my web site too.
It wasn't one of the biggest hatchlings but the first one with healthy appetite. You not only have a green python but you have a piece of Australia's wildlife heritage.

Late harvest - the last clutch produced jumbo hatchos - 14.5 - 16 grams .... have to top up on steroids (that is a joke).
This photo was taken as he came out of the egg.

12.jpg

Nice D3, congrats mate.

"Thanks Michael, love it to bits. And thanks again for the "website for a python" swap." I better sharpen up on my web design skills a little further then!!

The site you made for Michael looks great also, good work.

damn! that is one healthy looking robust hatchie.

very nice

donks

Gongrats mate. lol

Glad you like him, I like my web site too.
It wasn't one of the biggest hatchlings but the first one with healthy appetite. You not only have a green python but you have a piece of Australia's wildlife heritage.

Late harvest - the last clutch produced jumbo hatchos - 14.5 - 16 grams .... have to top up on steroids (that is a joke).
This photo was taken as he came out of the egg.

Thanks so much mate, I'm more then happy with the hatchy I got and I look forward to it growing and developing into a gorgeous GREEN animal. ;)

*note to self, buy steroids :lol:

So thats why there hatching around 14.5grams - 16grams Michael...Such a stunning little Chondro,love hatchies greens.So small and delicate,(compared to alot others)...You will be over the moon with it D3pro...

So thats why there hatching around 14.5grams - 16grams Michael...Such a stunning little Chondro,love hatchies greens.

I don't know. The natives are the smallest race yet they seem to be producing big neonates. This last lot is from a pair I bred in 2006. Half of them had their first slough yesterday and 2 of them had their first meal just now. Great!

I don't know. The natives are the smallest race yet they seem to be producing big neonates. This last lot is from a pair I bred in 2006. Half of them had their first slough yesterday and 2 of them had their first meal just now. Great!

Don't they also suffer less from prolapse?

Well you are DEFIANTLY doing something right,hatchies around the 14grams + will be so robust..Are the larger ones feeding easily then the smaller ones(under 14grams)..Or it just comes down to the individual snake...As D3pro mentioned,do the natives prolapse more-less compared to exotic greens....In your opinion-do the more larger-older females produce the larger hatchies,compared with a 3-4 year old first timer...Does it come down to the roundness of the female also....

The feeding responses are individual but this last clutch is surprising. 6 out of 8 didn't feed today but were following the food, definitely showing interest. Time will tell. The size of females makes no difference, this particular female is the smallest I've got and it was also her first clutch. The eggs were big.
I never had a case of prolapse (15 clutches) so far but I feed them sensibly, i.e. 1 meal per week. I am now injecting calcium syrup into pinkies (they are very poor in Ca and nutrients). Lack of calcium can cause spinal deformities and if they occur in the posterior, nerves from the spinal cord are compromised, sending wrong signals to muscles and connective tissue and that is often the cause of rectal prolapse.

Interesting indeed Michael,with injecting the calcium syrup into the pinkies,have you noticed if theres any difference..So with giving older greens, larger food items,with bone-fur-guts etc they shouldnt get prolapse.Is it only the calcium that can cause prolapse problems with greens..or is there other factors that contribute also..

Calcium deficiency / kinks is only one of probably several possible causes of prolapse. I don't think there is any evidence of the condition being heritable but wrong diet, food size, frequency is certainly important issue to consider.
I only started the calcium treatment this season on advice from Mark Simpson, so I don't have any results but I have a faith. lol It can't be bad for them but the dosage is important and also it's probably safer to use calcium that doesn't contain vitamin D (Calcivet).
Pinkies are probably the worst food we can feed to snakes but we don't have a choice. Or do we? Injecting calcium, rolling a wet pinkie in chick dawn will certainly help.

That's quite interesting, where would be the best place to to find calcium syrup and how much should be injected?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back