I just got bit!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spydon

Reaction score
I was cleaning out my snake's enclosure when she bit me on the wrist right where the main veins r and now its swallowing a little and a tad sore. Should I be worried????

snake are known to cause some swelling coz it has bacteria that is not harmful but yeah it causes swelling.

It is harmful, but if you are still worried just put some antibacterial cream on it.

No need to be worried. Often a bite site will react to the bacteria in snake's mouth by swelling and being a little itchy for a little while. If you are worried, just give it a wipe with betadine.

But if symptoms persist please see a Dr :)

If it gets hot, red and swollen you may have an infection and need to see a GP for a dose of antibiotics, but give it a couple of days to settle down.

I call bollocks on it being bacteria that cause the swelling. I recon we react to some kind of enzyme in their saliva. You really notice it if you get bit on the finger, it swells up like a balloon but then it's back down again in less than half an hour, bacteria doesn't do that.

lol andyh
Isnt it like an unspoken rule if you post something in regards to yourself getting bitten you have to post piccies to show the battle scars !!! :)

I notice too when I am bitten that it is itchy for a little bit afterwards - most recent bite yesterday morning by a two year old coastal, and it was itchy this afternoon. I think it is the body's normal reaction to injury - the inflammationg stage of healing last 1-3 days, even in a small python bite wound, which is much to worry about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back