I Just Recieved This Email!! Wild Black Headed Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildcall

Reaction score
I got this from a friend in the mines ... I dont know if you have seen this before. Enjoy! The email Reads:

"These pics were taken by one of the NRW crew at Cloudbreak this week. It took a total of 5 hours for the snake to finish off the goanna. As you can see, they put some signage up so it couldn't be run over."

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 241
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 226
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 205
  • image004.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 33
  • image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 210
  • image006.jpg
    image006.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 207
  • image007.jpg
    image007.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 180
  • image008.jpg
    image008.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 190
  • image009.jpg
    image009.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 175
  • image011.jpg
    image011.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 190
  • image012.jpg
    image012.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 181
  • image018.jpg
    image018.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 176
  • image020.jpg
    image020.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 164
  • image021.jpg
    image021.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 206
  • image022.jpg
    image022.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 246
nice to refresh the memory and introduce those who are new to it though :)

It has been going round for years, but as someone said above, hard to know that if you have never seen it before :)

The best spin on this photo I ever saw was only a few weeks ago, when a friend who knew I was interested in reptiles forwarded me these pics. They had received them from a Christian evangelist's monthly update email. The interesting part is that this evangelist made out like it was someone from his organisation that saw this and took pics!

May have been around for years, but it's the first time I've seen it. Great photos, thanks for sharing.
It's amazing seeing a snake eat something that large.

A first time view here too, thanks for posting Alex nature is truely awesome

Yes it has been around for a couple of years but I am still always impressed everytime I see it.

Awesome stuff! Dont think i have seen that one before either. And especially not since taken such a keen interest in reptiles... so thanks for sharing ;)

I haven't seen that one either. Thanks for posting. I love the way the BHP is so absorbed with its meal that it isn't bothered by the man crouching nearby.

That goanna looks like it was a large predator in its own right - I wonder if it put up much of a fight, how much it weighed compared to the snake and how long it took to digest!

I happen to know it was at Cloudbreak, I was living in Tom Price at the time which is similar country and the person who took the photos was related to someone I worked with so we were one of the first to receive the email in 2009.
Still amazing. Here is another amazing photo of a huge python pulling a kangaroo out of the water at Karijini National Park

Last edited:
My bf works at cloudbreak and says he sees reptiles all the time. He was actually written up in the mine sites magazine for rescuing some sort of lizard (can't remember what) that had gotten into the bomb emulsion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back